Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41

5 posters

Go down

Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41 Empty Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41

Post by mikemyers Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:48 am

My hands simply do not feel comfortable shooting my Model 41 two handed with the stock grips.  The thumb rest always seems to be in the way, regardless of which thumb is on the "inside".  I've been asking around for an appropriate stock, and I've mostly been directed to Herret's.  They have three choices to choose from, as shown in the image below.  Does anyone here have a reason to pick one of them rather than the other?  I ordered a Herret's stock for my High Standard, and liked it.

Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41 Model-10
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41 Empty Re: Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41

Post by LenV Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Get a set of Nills. Flared at bottom to make it easy to grab with offhand. And they are cheap....not really.

http://www.mactecsales.com/SW11J8_p/sw11j8.htm

Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41 SW11J8-2
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41 Empty Re: Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41

Post by mikemyers Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:55 pm

LenV, those look very nice - beautiful.   Hard to tell from the photo - do they still have the thumb rest?   Have you tried them?  Unless they have a set in stock, I'll have to wait until I return from an upcoming trip back to India.  I'll call them Tuesday morning.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:38 pm

If you order them now they might be here when you get back from India. I don't have a set for my 41 but use them on a 1911. Not much thumb rest. Totally ambidextrous.

Grips for two-hand shooting with Model 41 Dscf1114
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbird Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 am

They have a thumb swell.

Blackbird

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:32 am

The Trainer or Checkered are excellent. I had a pair of Checkered and I stippled the back strap and the grips were excellent. The Trainer's replicate 1911 slabs.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:59 am

I have a couple 41s, one with the Herret Trainers, and one with the CMM 1911 Conversion grips.  I have medium hands, and find the CMM far superior for me.  Plus the huge variety of inexpensive grips now available.  

With the Trainers, the width of the gun is 1.41", with the CMMs it is 1.27".

Tried to post a pic, but beyond my capabilities.

I have a set of Trainers I would sell, PM me if interested.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:20 pm

On Friday, I expected Hurricane Irma to go directly over my building, with winds over 150mph.  It veered west, and missed me, but it was still pretty scary.  Now that it's over, I'm finding it difficult to get back to thinking about shooting.  I'm thankful to just have my home, and while it's black all around my building, somehow I still have power.  I don't know what I want to do with the grips - thanks gregbenner, I may leave you a message eventually, but I'm finding out my problem with the stock stocks is me, not the stocks.  (Can anyone tell me what is the difference (if any) between "grips" and "stocks"?)
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down