Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

52-2 firing pin

3 posters

Go down

52-2 firing pin Empty 52-2 firing pin

Post by Magload Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:01 pm

How do I remove the firing pin from my 52-2.  It is not striking the primers at all.  Everything seams to be functioning ok.  If I push the pin in flush where the hammer strikes it the pin does not protrude from the breech face.  I can push it pass that point and then it does.  The firing pin does not seam to be stuck.   I been looking at the parts diagram and can't seam to figure out what holds it in its channel.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

52-2 firing pin Empty Re: 52-2 firing pin

Post by C.Perkins Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Don;

First, let us not get carried away and approach this without messing up the pistol.

The firing pin works the same as a 1911.
There is a firing pin return spring.
If you push the pin flush with a tool it will not protrude past the breech.
If you push it past flush then it will protrude past the breech by about a 1/4 inch.
If it moves smoothly through the full spring loaded travel, then I would not be concerned at this point.
Is the tip of the firing pin look normal/rounded and not broken off.

Put a pencil in the barrel with the eraser against the firing pin and see if the pencil comes out of the barrel or jumps quite a bit when dry firing it.
If the pencil does not move then I doubt it is the firing pin and need to look further.

There is a catch notch on the hammer/half cock and if your trigger is not going all the way back when depressed it can cause the issue.
When you dry fire it does the hammer go all the way forward or stop just shy of it.

If it does not go all the way forward then take a grip panel off and with the proper allen wrench back off the trigger stop screw about a 1/4 to half turn counter clock wise.

Worse comes to worse and you want to explore M52 disassembly the safety is what captures the firing pin.
But would not recommend it if you are not up to the task.
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:38 pm

FYI. The pistol will drop the hammer with the safety on. They won't fire because hammer is blocked from striking firing pin. AND safety is backwards from 1911. Up to fire and down is safe.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 pm

LenV wrote:FYI. The pistol will drop the hammer with the safety on. They won't fire because hammer is blocked from striking firing pin. AND safety is backwards from 1911. Up to fire and down is safe.

Len
That is correct.
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:21 am

Thanks guys.  I pushed the firing pin out where I could get a good look at the end of it it looked fine.  I flushed out the channel and it is working fine now.  I forgot the pencil trick and I have used it before with 1911s so I primed a piece of brass and shot it on the back porch.  Nice deep punch hole so all is good.  The neighbors didn't call the cops so that was good also.  Don

I have had all the parts out of the frame several times but have not done any work on the slide.  Hope I don't have to learn.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Magload;

Glad you worked it out.
Sometimes it is just the simplest things  Smile
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down