Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer spring weight Springfield with lock

5 posters

Go down

Hammer spring weight Springfield with lock Empty Hammer spring weight Springfield with lock

Post by orpheoet Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Just curious what weight spring weight people use with Springfield with lock. I believe both of mine have the original springs in them. I'm using a 9lb recoil spring with 160gr LSWC and 4.2WST and the last casing usually isnt ejected so I'm guessing taking some weight off the hammer might be a good idea?
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Hammer spring weight Springfield with lock Empty Re: Hammer spring weight Springfield with lock

Post by Chris Miceli Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:51 pm

From Wolff, most people change out the parts for the standard bits.  I would try a 28lb

HAMMER SPRINGS (mainsprings)  
For use in: 
   Full-size ILS Hammer Lock Systems

• Reduced Power...: 24, 26, 28 Lb.

• Factory Standard.: 30 Lb.

• Extra Power........: None Available

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Hammer spring weight Springfield with lock Empty Re: Hammer spring weight Springfield with lock

Post by dronning Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:02 pm

FYI, Springfield listened to it's customers and no longer puts an ILS in the RO (except guns sold in CA).  I'd remove it.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 pm

Is this an iron sight pistol or slide mount dot ?

I pretty much run a 19 lb mainspring in all my target guns.. 24 in carry pistols
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:49 pm

If you go to a 19# make sure you replace the guts of the MSH.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:55 pm

I ordered the Wolff reduced spring set. In retrospect I probably should have just started switching everything over to regular Colt style housings. The pistol thats giving me problems had an Ultra Dot on it. My EIC gun runs just fine. To be perfectly honest I think the gun is very reliable with 4.2 gr WST and the 160gr LSWC however I think I loaded a few hundred rounds slightly under 4.2. Lesson learned. Check more frequently....
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down