Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fundamentals of the Pistol Box!

+15
LenV
james r chapman
mikemyers
STEVE SAMELAK
Dr.Don
JKR
lcambre
CR10X
robert84010
joy2shoot
mspingeld
dronning
Tim:H11
Chris Miceli
Jon Eulette
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Fundamentals of the Pistol Box! - Page 2 Empty The Fundamentals of the Pistol Box!

Post by Jon Eulette 11/13/2017, 1:04 am

First topic message reminder :

I was looking at the Topic in Equipment regarding Pistol Box Design. Then I realized that to my recollection, no one has addressed the 6th fundamental....the Pistol Box!
We have stance, breathing, grip, sight alignment/picture and TRIGGER CONTROL. We've been neglecting teaching the proper use of the pistol box. It is a tool and in most cases improperly used. How we stand and scope should be as important as how we apply the other fundamentals. I watch too many shooters move their feet to scope shots or layout their equipment in a scattered manner with no after thought as to how things are placed.
So I thought I'd throw this out for comments Wink
I truly believe it can aid our shooting or be a distraction.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

The Fundamentals of the Pistol Box! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fundamentals of the Pistol Box!

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 1/2/2018, 3:28 pm

Most of the time the box seems to live on the left side of the shooter.
Walk down any firing line and observe.
I've found that if I keep my eyes open & mouth shut I learn more and bother fewer people.
That being said...I don't remember getting any flak for asking questions and pretty much everybody has been eager to help.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

The Fundamentals of the Pistol Box! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fundamentals of the Pistol Box!

Post by rreid 1/2/2018, 10:01 pm

patnemes wrote:I've been shooting bullseye since 1970 and have always set my box up on the right hand side of me. I am a right handed shooter so is my box positioned correctly or should it be on my left side as I have occasionally read in other articles on this subject?
If you place your box on the left, you can attach a brass deflector screen to the lid.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by Deerspy 1/3/2018, 7:03 pm

and the brass catcher on the right does not block the opening to box.

Deerspy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2