Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini vs. Benelli

+13
SmokinNJokin
Froneck
shaky452
gregbenner
estuck
Jon Math
Chris Miceli
JayhawkNavy02
30harry
Bullseye_Stan
messenger
Jon Eulette
Amati
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pardini vs. Benelli - Page 2 Empty Pardini vs. Benelli

Post by Amati Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

There is quite a sizeable cost difference between the .22lr Pardini Bullseye model at Pardini USA in Tampa FL and the Benelli MP90S at Larry's Guns in Maine. 

Having shot neither one I am unable to make a decision. Tampa is 4 hours West of me and they have an indoor range where I could maybe shoot a demo. Shooting the Benelli appears not to be within my reach anytime soon.

The Pardini is available with a factory mounted Matchdot II while the Benelli requires an aftermarket rail. 

The intended use is semi-frequent local practice and regional Bullseye tournaments. Knowing myself I fear that if I buy the Benelli I may blame bad scores on the gun itself as long as a Pardini, or a whole gang of them, is beating up on me. If I am however shooting a Pardini I'll have no other option but to look inward.

I am seriously in need of advice.

Thanks.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Pardini vs. Benelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini vs. Benelli

Post by Amati Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:51 am

Thank you guys.

So many endorsements for the conversion motivated me to order my own Nelson with the rail and the barrel weight. 

While waiting for it to arrive I'm having my own .45 worked on and I hope to be at the ranges in the not too distant future.

In the meantime I'll make an appointment with Alex Chichkov at Pardini, drive west to view the guns and take as many air pistol lessons from him as can be reasonably fitted in a couple of days. 

At this point investing in practice and lessons may be -for me at least- the more prudent way to get started.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:17 am

Amati wrote:
The Pardini is available with a factory mounted Matchdot II while the Benelli requires an aftermarket rail. 

The Benelli will work with air rifle rings. I believe they are 11 mm. They will grip the small rail of the Benelli.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:14 pm

I believe the latest models of the MP-90&95 are no longer grooved for scope rings. I can't imagine why they did this.

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Pardini vs. Benelli - Page 2 Empty Pardini vs. Benelli

Post by Amanda4461 Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:50 pm

You asked, so I can't stand myself.
I had an early MP90s from Larry's Guns. Grip was ok, but not great. Trigger better than my S&W M41, but not by much. Mainly it was of lighter weight. I never could get the trigger-finger to trigger relationship that I wanted. I could get the weight changed, but not much else. Larry's had sold it to me with an UltraDot mounted, so I never even used the Irons. It was fabulously reliable with Wolf and Federal 711-B, although it would double occasionally with 711-B, which supposedly has a softer primer than most others, but I just knew to expect it once every couple of bricks, so didn't shoot any matches with it. Wolf beat the 711-B accuracy-wise anyway. The MP90s grouped well, cleaned easily enough and was reliable. I just never thought it was worth much more than my M41. So, I tried an SP-22 and decided the Benelli would go to pay for the Pardini. Larry's sold me a new SP-22 in 2011 and it also has the UltraDot attached. Slightly better accuracy than the MP90s with Tenex or Midas. Grip much better due to more/better adjustments for my hand. Trigger is the best I have tried, once you spend a few hours adjusting it for your particular needs. Even at a heavy let-off, it doesn't feel heavy. The mags all work flawlessly, all 10 of them. Wish it locked back on last round from the factory, but the mags can be made to do so if you don't mind some slight machine work. Mine was an early model SP, and I have not had any problems with the reported scope ring slippage, but of course it is in .22LR only, and not a CF model. If you use the heavy weights in the frame, the pistol is nicely balanced. I have used the Irons on the SP-22 and find them to be very nice and repeatable, but I do prefer the Matchdot. For me, the only difference between the two boils down to ergonomics. Neither will hurt your ability to shoot an X. Pardini won me over with its adjustability. Find a way to try them both. The difference is quite easily realized.
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:17 pm

JKR wrote:I believe the latest models of the MP-90&95 are no longer grooved for scope rings. I can't imagine why they did this.

Jim
Larry
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangeant Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 pm

Benelli is a good gun, been shooting a MP90 since 1999, getting up around 90k and it is about time to retire it, Getting rid of the tip off groove and Quasi weaver base is pretty much a deal killer for me buying another brand new one as a replacement.

No need to buy a special $$$ Larry mount when U could use two tip off rings or Mono mount with a modified common scope ring.

Pardini vs. Benelli - Page 2 KnhIXEp
Tangeant
Tangeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye_Stan Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 am

I agree that Benelli should have kept the factory dovetails as that would help sell the pistol.  But, I don't really don't see a $160 scope mount as a show stopper.  FWIW, the Hammerli 208/208s has/uses a similar mount.  As I understand, the Benelli MP90s/95 frame is hardened steel which makes machining dovetails very difficult.  But, the hardened steel frame adds durability.  What Benelli could use is some Youtube videos (similar to those made by Steyr) on adjusting the MP90s trigger.

Bullseye_Stan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:07 am

Thanks all around and I couldn't have done it without y'all.

The Pardini Bullseye 6" MD II it is. Many factors influenced the decision and the proximity to Pardini USA was an important one.

Glad to be here.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2