Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To my fellow BE shooters...

5 posters

Go down

To my fellow BE shooters... Empty To my fellow BE shooters...

Post by Powderman 6/7/2012, 2:34 am

I need a bit of assistance. I have decided that I want another dedicated .22 pistol. My Marvel conversion does OK--but the dedicated .22 just FEELS better to me.

Thus, my request...

I would like to meet with any BE shooter in Washington State that has any of the following pistols:

1. Smith and Wesson Model 41

2. Hammerli SP20

3. Benelli MP95.

Or, any other pistol that you feel is a superb Bullseye pistol.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet and fire a total of 30 rounds through each of these pistols; this is my precursor to actualy purchasing one of them.

My former pistol was a Hammerli 280; I sold it after an out of battery fire cracked the frame. I shot that pistol like a house on fire. I got to the point that clean scores were guaranteed for timed and rapid fire, and my slow fire was improving greatly.

Pease let me know if you would be willing to set up a range date. Due to work requirements, I'd like to meet at any one of the following ranges: Evergreen Sportsman's Club (near Littlerock); Tacoma Sportsman's Club (Puyallup), Paul Bunyan (if I can manage a few rounds on the firing line) or Cascade Shooting Facilities (Ravensdale). For an indoor range, I could also meet at The Marksman (Puyallup); Champion Arms (Renton, I believe) or any other range in the area. I will provide the ammunition--CCI Standard Velocity.

Thanks to all for your consideration and assistance!
Powderman
Powderman

Back to top Go down

To my fellow BE shooters... Empty Re: To my fellow BE shooters...

Post by Orion 6/7/2012, 12:41 pm

Have you shot a 208/215 International? I've owned the 280, MP95, and the Marvel.

The 280 is an exceptional pistol. It's a family owned gun, otherwise I'd shoot it on a more regular basis. The closest model that shoots like the 280 is the 208, however I've never fired the SP20.

If you prefer the SW41 you might really enjoy the 208 International.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by Powderman 6/7/2012, 1:10 pm

Thanks for the info. I really like the lower bore axis on the 280; I think that's one of the reasons I used it so well.

You mention that you have owned an MP95. How is it? Does it compare in accuracy with the Hammerli pistols?
Powderman
Powderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion 6/7/2012, 8:47 pm

The MP95 is pretty nice for the price. Compared to the 280/208 it has a cheaper trigger area feel and is front heavier. It also doesn't have the weight distribution of either. I would bypass the Benelli and go with a Hammerli since you prefer the 280.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorcycle_dan 6/8/2012, 1:41 pm

I had an IZH-35, on long term loan to my son. Has that very low bore. Althought it wasn't "Tight" like what I feel a bullseye gun should be. It did group well. I shot a 98 slow fire with it. One of my best iron sight slow fire targets. Can find them cheap now and then. parts can be an issue but not impossible.
Motorcycle_dan
Motorcycle_dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 6/8/2012, 2:35 pm

Hammerli exsse is superb 22 , highly accurate, never fails, fully adjustable trigger, shoots anything. Larrys guns and champions choice, has them.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 6/8/2012, 8:07 pm

How come Pardini is not on your list.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down