Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vortex Crossfire Red Dot

+2
LenV
desben
6 posters

Go down

Vortex Crossfire Red Dot Empty Vortex Crossfire Red Dot

Post by desben 2/24/2018, 9:00 am

I'm curious if anyone had a chance to play with the new Vortex Crossfire Red Dot sight? Tube-style, 2 MOA dot, priced at $129.99, and with Vortex lifetime warranty. It just came out and with the very low price, they sell out very fast. Vortex generally build a good product; I wonder if this would hold up to being mounted on a slide.

Vortex Crossfire Red Dot 909052
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Vortex Crossfire Red Dot Empty Re: Vortex Crossfire Red Dot

Post by LenV 2/24/2018, 9:38 am

I can't tell you how they hold up on a slide (nasty weather) but they are solidly built. I had a set of scales handy and weighed mine when I got it. 4.5oz as shown above compared to the Holosun 403 that weighed 3.3 oz. Super clear with a round dot. I wasn't able to mount it on the 952-2 I wanted because it takes a mount that is larger then the base of the scope. There is also a little glob of glue at 5:00 inside the tube that is a little distracting. Overall a nice little dot that I like better then the Holosun.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 2/24/2018, 1:23 pm

I bought one too, knowing that Vortex has a good guarantee. I like it. Small dot, good strong clicks on the adjustments, and manual brightness control. I mounted it on a 22 though. The base is no different than the others of it's kind. I don't know how it would take to a slide mount.

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 2/24/2018, 11:02 pm

JKR is correct about the base being the same as similar models. I just didn't realize the contact points were on the ends and were not in contact full width. They do look a lot alike.

Vortex Crossfire Red Dot 20180228
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 2/25/2018, 5:38 am

Len,

Does the Holosun base contact for the full width?

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 2/25/2018, 12:01 pm

I have 3 Vortex rifle scopes and I love them.  I just wish it was easier to find larger dot sizes than 2 or 4 MOA as I like to almost cover the entire black with my dot.  That is why I use a red dot with adjustable MOA.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 2/26/2018, 12:46 am

JKR wrote:Len,

Does the Holosun base contact for the full width?

Jim
No, but since it fit where I planned on putting it I never noticed. I am pretty sure the HD Micro makes full contact. But not positive. As an example of why this was frustrating to me here is a picture of my MKIV with an original Aimpoint mount. You can't use the front or rear slots because it extends over the ends. You can't use either of the center slots because of the voided area in the mount. It works nice where I ended up putting it as does the Holosun but its worth thinking about if you are buying it to replace another scope.

Vortex Crossfire Red Dot Dscf1211
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 2/28/2018, 7:55 am

I guess the vortex is the next option for me as i think my holosun 403 is toast. I was shooting yesterday, and my group shifted from the x ring to the 7 ring at 10 oclock in the course of one target. Shot a string seated with a rest to confirm. Gave the sight 5 clicks right and 5 down... well, it moved five right at least... gonna try one more time, but not optimistic.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 3/2/2018, 5:17 pm

Just got a SA Range Officer slide specifically for the purpose of installing one of these but I'm striking out finding a direct to the slide mount. 
The slide has a LPA cut, low mount unique to SA I believe, and EGW offers mounts only for the Vortex Venom and Viper.
I'd prefer not to have to mill, ideas?

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 3/2/2018, 5:22 pm

I believe Jon Eulette was making a scope base for an LPA cut. Maybe he'll weigh in.

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 3/2/2018, 5:29 pm

This is the one from EGW. LPA yes but only for Viper and Venom.

http://www.egwguns.com/pistol-scope-mounts/docter-sight-mount-for-lpa/

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down