Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP vs MP?

4 posters

Go down

Pardini SP vs MP? Empty Pardini SP vs MP?

Post by atrfod 3/15/2018, 5:02 pm

Hi All,I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there where any differences between Pardini SP and MP models?I've got a line on a Fiocchi MP for what seems to be a reasonable price,but I'm not sure.From the picture I have,it seems to be a little different from the ones I see folks shooting at out local club.I believe they are all SP models.I just don't want to get into an orphan that I can't get parts for.I have plenty of those already.Thanks,-Mike

atrfod

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP vs MP? Empty Re: Pardini SP vs MP?

Post by Chris Miceli 3/15/2018, 5:06 pm

pretty sure MP is for the 32 s&w L and the SP is 22lr. not sure what the 22 short model was called.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 3/15/2018, 5:46 pm

Fiocchi imported Pardini pistols until 1990 they were based in Ozark MO.  The MP was a .32 S&W L and the SPE was a .22 LR.  The E did not stand for electronic. 

Bolts are no longer available and barrels would have to be custom made.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 3/15/2018, 6:11 pm

IIRC, the MPs were prone to frame cracking; the successor HPs (and SPs) had beefier frames.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by atrfod 3/15/2018, 7:22 pm

It's listed as a Pardini Fiocchi in .22LR,so it must be a SPE.I might have gotten confused as there are a couple of HPs in .32 listed as well.I'll have to get some more pictures to verify that it is actually a SPE in .22.Is it still worth owning for the right price?Thanks for the info guys!-Mike

atrfod

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 3/15/2018, 7:29 pm

atrfod wrote:It's listed as a Pardini Fiocchi in .22LR,so it must be a SPE.I might have gotten confused as there are a couple of HPs in .32 listed as well.I'll have to get some more pictures to verify that it is actually a SPE in .22.Is it still worth owning for the right price?Thanks for the info guys!-Mike
 Not sure how many parts from the new Pardini will repair a SPE. The older Pardini trigger isn’t as adjustable in position as the new.  The older Pardini has a steel barrel shroud vs aluminum. All I can remember

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down