Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow fire at timed fire pace?

+14
PMcfall
tomd999
javaduke
CR10X
john bickar
davekp
Virgil Kane
Bullseye_Stan
zanemoseley
TexasShooter
Ed Hall
Wobbley
dronning
hp246
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Slow fire at timed fire pace? - Page 2 Empty Slow fire at timed fire pace?

Post by hp246 3/28/2018, 5:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am a club shooter.  I shoot mostly club matches and a couple of specific outdoor matches each year.  My weakest match is slow fire with my .22 (Walther GSP).  I am shooting in the high 80s and low 90 in timed and rapid, which I tend to shoot at the same pace.  In my slow fire, for some reason I tend to through one shot out of the scoring rings, usually at 4 o'clock. It is not consistent, as the first or last shot in the string.  I am usually able to call my shot, but I am not able to call this one consistently.  I am contemplating shooting my slow fire at the same pace as my timed fire.  Any thoughts on this strategy.

hp246

Back to top Go down

Slow fire at timed fire pace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Slow fire at timed fire pace?

Post by Keyholed 4/30/2018, 12:35 am

chopper wrote:   When you mentioned, you need to stop screwing around and do actual drills, are you referring to live 1 and 2 shot drills or are you doing a specific dry-fire technique ?
Stan

Ascending TF/RF: 10/20 seconds on the timer, fire one shot. If it's a 10, add one round to the next magazine and repeat. If a shot is not a 10, subtract one round from the magazine and repeat. If you have the capability, you can do 2/4/6/8/10-second times.

Most of the time I've just been lazy and practicing complete TF/RF strings.

Keyholed

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2