Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internal parts for Springfield EMP 4?

2 posters

Go down

Internal parts for Springfield EMP 4? Empty Internal parts for Springfield EMP 4?

Post by Mac2 Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Competitor who is sensitive to pistol weight is thinking of Springfield's 9mm EMP 4" (Lightweight Champion - PI9211L).  AR of June 2016 - I think - has article about the down-size 1911.  Not clear which internal parts are smaller than standard.  My advice is to try to discover if parts are available.  Likely that would need to replace trigger and/or grips to deal with short fingers.  Probably not going to be used outdoors. 

Ideas?    Thanks.     Mac

Mac2

Back to top Go down

Internal parts for Springfield EMP 4? Empty Re: Internal parts for Springfield EMP 4?

Post by LenV Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:26 pm

The contour model looks like it might fit a small hand better.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Internal parts for Springfield EMP 4? Empty Re: Internal parts for Springfield EMP 4?

Post by Mac2 Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 pm

A fellow competitor brought a Contour model to be tried.  The "bite" out of the grip was below hand and the appearance was too modern.  [Everybody has their likes and dislikes.  I only see sights when using pistol.]  The earlier Champion is a little less expensive, and more conventional (so it looks more like a 1911).  

Have learned that many choices for grips exist - have to specify.  Do not yet know about inside parts.  Thanks.

Mac2

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:53 pm

If I had small hands and weight was a factor I would probably go for the Browning 1911-380. Looks like a 1911 just smaller. Only weighs 17.5 oz. You have probably already looked at one of these but maybe not? I know they make a lot of grips for them.
Internal parts for Springfield EMP 4? DSC03851

http://www.browning.com/products/firearms/pistols/1911-380.html

Internal parts for Springfield EMP 4? 1911-380FinalBanner
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down