Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just have to ask.

2 posters

Go down

just have to ask. Empty just have to ask.

Post by Wayneinky Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:56 pm

As you move from the min to max load as recommended by powder mfg, will the bullet point of impact on a target 25 yards away increase over the point of aim. The reason I ask is because I was shooting some "target" lead round nose bullets and switched over to some JHP (XTP) bullets of about the same weight that I reloaded. The JHP bullets were hitting a lot higher on the target then the lead bullets. There was about 1 grain of difference in the True Blue powder that I was using for the Lead Round Nose and JHP's.  Just wondering how much of a difference the additional powder made on the point of impact on the target. Of course my shooting could be all the difference and I should stop looking for excuses. I would not think lead vs jacketed would make much of a difference. Powder charge, I don't know, so that is why I am asking.
Wayneinky
Wayneinky

Back to top Go down

just have to ask. Empty Re: just have to ask.

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 am

Hotter equals higher. More recoil. Also if using same recoil spring for both pistol will unlock faster; slide traveling faster, barrel fit/unlocking.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum