Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Veterans category

2 posters

Go down

Military Veterans category  Empty Military Veterans category

Post by budgetbob 4/30/2018, 11:46 am

Ted Carter posted this on FB last week"

"I received an e-mail update from the Deputy Director of NRA General Operations concerning updates/changes within NRA Competitions.
The first piece of information is concerning the recognition of the Military Veteran category at the National Pistol Championships. I'm very happy and proud of the work that was accomplished to add this category.
Military Veteran Category
As of April 13, 2018, we are proud to formally introduce and implement the Military Veteran category for the NRA Pistol program. Spearheaded by competitive shooters on the NRA board of directors, shooting competitors may identify and be recognized as a Military Veteran during the registration process. Special thanks goes to the NRA's Information Services for all their help in making this initiative a reality. For more information about the Military Veterans category, contact NRA Pistol Program manager Karie Thomas at (703) 267-1478.

The second item is NRA's plan for Award Points. This is the first time I have read of this initiative, so I'm certain more information is coming.
Competitive Shooting Award Points Program
Award points are a paper denomination that has been awarded to competitors as prizes at national shooting competitions for the NRA. Award points have also been available to hosting clubs that register their tournaments with the Competitive Shooting division. This year, we are phasing out the award points program in favor of additional cash and industry-related prizes at the National Matches. Currently, those with award points may continue to redeem them. Additionally, competitors in the 2018 sectionals and hosted tournaments will continue to receive requested award points. All National Matches have ceased to issue award points for 2018 with the exception of Smallbore, which removed award points from their program in 2017. Beginning in 2019, award points will no longer be issued for any NRA Competitive Shooting event."

Does anyone have more information concerning the Military Veterans category at the Nationals?

budgetbob

Back to top Go down

Military Veterans category  Empty Re: Military Veterans category

Post by Chris Miceli 4/30/2018, 3:28 pm

I tried calling Karie haven't heard back from last week. Was told by another shooter that she was at perry for something.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down