Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Smith

4 posters

Go down

Bullseye Smith Empty Bullseye Smith

Post by Denato1 6/18/2018, 11:36 am

As the title says. I am looking for a Bullseye Smith in the NY area. Preferably on Long Island. I Have an old Colt 80 series pistol I have been shooting at 17 yards indoor league. Got the pistol from my father who picked it up as a backup gun to his 38 clarke 1911 custom. (he never shot it competatively) I shoot it decently but scores havnt been improving lately. I shot a 270 with it indoors in a National Match course. I shot my first 1800 match outdoors at 50 and 25 yards and I had major issues with grouping(like none). My Sw22 netted me a 788 on the 22 portion of the match with most shots in black and working closer to the bull. My .45 barely was on paper and when I say didnt group, I mean I had some shots in black, then Way High, then Lower right, Then Left, Etc.  The dot on the gun is only 3 months old. I Plan on taking it to range this week and benching it to see what happens but I most likely will be looking to have it accurized and gone over.

Help me out gurus.

Denato1

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Smith Empty Re: Bullseye Smith

Post by mikemyers 6/18/2018, 12:07 pm

Could your sight be loosening up?  What kind is it?  Have you checked the tightness of the screws?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Denato1 6/18/2018, 1:38 pm

everything was tight, Giving it the once over today and hopefully bench test it tonight at 25 yrds. I

Denato1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 6/18/2018, 6:45 pm

The series 80s weren’t much better than the old WW2 for loose assembly.

As for smiths... there is this, but it doesn’t look promising.

http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/topic/188521-any-good-gunsmiths-in-suffolk-county/
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 6/19/2018, 6:56 am

Just my 2 cents. I'd put "close to me" about last on my priority list when looking for a competent bullseye pistolsmith. The good ones aren't plentiful. Good luck.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down