Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistol Box Price

5 posters

Go down

Pistol Box Price Empty Pistol Box Price

Post by sjs Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 am

Have a chance to buy an old wood pistol range box, home made but seems well made, decent shape but not perfect.  I am new to this sport and have never used one but the new ones made of metal seem to be around $200.

Can anyone give me a price range for what I should offer for it.  No pics to show, just assume it is of decent construction and give me a guess.  Your guess is much better than mine.

sjs

Back to top Go down

Pistol Box Price Empty Re: Pistol Box Price

Post by zanemoseley Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:38 am

Does it have a decent mount for a spotting scope, the ones on the metal boxes are really nice. Honestly I wouldn't want to give more than $50, I got a nice used 3 pistol metal box for $75 from a guy wanting to get out of bullseye, so my deal was better than average but I wouldn't sink a lot of cash into a used wood box.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:49 am

I bought out an estate a few years ago (actually, several) and sold the used pistols boxes for $75-100 ea, 

they were Gun Ho, Pachmayr and a couple unbranded ones, (all store bought)

the one that was obviously home made (but still looked, worked as should, etc) went for $50
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:56 am

I've built a couple boxes for my sons. As I recall, I around $70 just in hardware. Piano hinge, scope mount, magnet, corners, handle, etc... If I charge for the time I put into it, the price would be unreasonable. So if its nice work...

On the other hand, I picked up a used, commercially made box, for a friend. I paid 100 for it complete with a good bushnell sentry scope. 

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye_Stan Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:09 am

I've seen older used pistol boxes donated to newer shooters.  If the person made this box years ago, it may have sentimental value.  That often puts it into the $1,000,000.00 or donated category.

Bullseye_Stan

Back to top Go down

Post by sjs Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:23 am

Thanks much guys.  I think I'll go down to the Barter forum and see if I can trade someone something for one of their old ones.

sjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down