Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leupold s&w 52 mount screws

5 posters

Go down

Leupold s&w 52 mount screws Empty Leupold s&w 52 mount screws

Post by Bpjunkie Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:25 pm

I posted this question on the Smith & Wesson forum and somebody advised me to maybe put it here. I have a grip Mount from leupold for a Smith & Wesson Model 52, unfortunately all I have is the mount, I do not have the 2 screws that replace pins or screws in the frame. I contacted leupold and they were unable to help at all. Does anybody have any information on what the screws are and where I can possibly come up with a set?

Bpjunkie

Back to top Go down

Leupold s&w 52 mount screws Empty Re: Leupold s&w 52 mount screws

Post by LenV Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 pm

They are just pan head screws that are only long enough to barely make it thru the mount. I had mine on for several months and one 900 match. I didn't like the height above the rail and decided to replace it with a BME mount. Imagine my consternation when in that short of time it had removed the finish on the 52 under the mount. I have looked for it here in the shop but can't seem to find where I threw it. Some pictures might be helpful if you don't care to much about what it looks like removed.

Leupold s&w 52 mount screws Dscf0811
Leupold s&w 52 mount screws Dscf0610
BME Mount
Leupold s&w 52 mount screws Dscf0910
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpjunkie Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 pm

I understand about the grip screws, just not sure about the other two " special " screws. Don't know the length or thread pitch. I kind of got screwed buying the mount not knowing what was missing. I do like the mount on yours. Thanks

Bpjunkie

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:58 pm

The screws in question are particular to the mount.
If you're not concerned about ruining the finish I may have a pair lying about, but I'd go with the BME mount if I had to have a scope.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpjunkie Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:25 am

I would be interested in the screws, if for nothing else but trying the mount. It would also be nice to have the mount complete.

Bpjunkie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:04 am

You might find this useful:

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t6047-leupold-optical-sight-mount-for-sw-model-52

I posted a copy of the instructions, but Len pretty much explained everything.

I haven't done anything with the kit since then - I got my cataracts repaired, and I'm now using the stock steel sights.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Just in front of my grips (trigger pin) you can see what the Leupold mount did to my 52.

Leupold s&w 52 mount screws 20171110
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpjunkie Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Nice clean target. I see the shiny wear spot. Damn. If I can come up with a set of screws to go with amount maybe I'll just get rid of it as a complete mount and go with the one that replaces the rear sight

Bpjunkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpjunkie Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:57 am

If anybody wants to part with a set of the special screws that replace the pins in the frame, pm me please.

Bpjunkie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:23 am

I forget how much I paid for the complete kit I got from Opticsplanet, but if you'd like to buy it from me, if I haven't gotten around to installing it in all this time, I doubt I ever will.  

Or, if you wait a couple of weeks, I can take a photo of the parts, measure the length of the screws, and use a set of calipers to measure the OD of the screws - but unless I can measure the threads with a tool I haven't seen in ages, I don't know how I could do that.  I will look around for the tool - it's a "thread gage" (probably a different name), and once you have that information, you can probably buy the screws, maybe McMaster Carr??  

I don't like the idea of wearing away the finish on my M-52, and now that I've had my cataracts repaired, maybe I can still eventually shoot this gun well using the stock sights.  

Selling you my whole kit is easy - but if I can get you the information on the screws, that would cost you far less.  (Actually, I think I now have two complete kits.....). I will try to take photos either today/tomorrow, or in about 10 days when I return.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:43 am

Here is a photo of the kit, and  a close up photo of the screws.  Sorry, they are specially made for this kit, not standard screws.  
If I can find my thread gage, I will measure the screws for you.

I also copied the instructions:

Leupold s&w 52 mount screws Img_5310
Leupold s&w 52 mount screws Img_7310
Leupold s&w 52 mount screws Img_9510
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:08 pm

I bought one of those also.  I was hoping it was better then the other brand I had bought about a year earlier.  It wasn't.  Puts the scope to high and removes blueing.  Gun must of had one on before I bought it off of Gun Broker as it only had the base of the iron sight and the start of blueing wearing off.  Good thing was it greatly reduced what I had to pay for the gun.  I don't shoot very well so I still like good looking grips and this didn't look good or feel good.  Went with BME also.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down