Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benelli 90 32 S&W ejection with Larrys scope mount question

4 posters

Go down

Benelli 90 32 S&W ejection with Larrys scope mount question Empty Benelli 90 32 S&W ejection with Larrys scope mount question

Post by xxper Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:33 am

Is anyone using Larry's  mount on their Benelli 90 shooting the 32 S&W.? Does the mount affect ejection of the fired cases?

I am planning on purchasing a 90 and I am undecided if I should look for an older 90 with the grooved top to mount a red dot or go with the current smooth top and use Larry's mount .

Thank you,
Jim

xxper

Back to top Go down

Benelli 90 32 S&W ejection with Larrys scope mount question Empty Re: Benelli 90 32 S&W ejection with Larrys scope mount question

Post by JKR Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:52 am

Jim,

I never had any ejection problems with the 32 using a scope mounted on the grooved 22 style mount. (old style)
In fact the ejection from the 32 is downright violent. It throws brass 30 feet back and to the right. Luckily it clears the shooter on the right if I'm not using a net. I've never used one of Larrys mounts but I don't like the looks of them. This because I had lots of trouble with ejection in my 22. Brass would bounce off the scope and fall in front of the bolt. I cured this by drilling and tapping the receiver behind the ejection port and installing a short weaver base. I tried a mini scope on this but didn't like it so I now use a tube style scope mounted with one ring. This leaves the port clear. I haven't had a single malfunction since doing this. 

Larry's mount looks to me to restrict the ejection port even more than using the 22 style rings on the old style grooved receiver. However the ejection from the 32 is so strong that it may be ok. If you get one of the new style guns, you only have two options for scope mounting. Larry's mount or modification of the receiver.

Good luck.

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Benelli 90 32 S&W ejection with Larrys scope mount question Empty Re: Benelli 90 32 S&W ejection with Larrys scope mount question

Post by Mike38 Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:25 am

No doubt the .32 Benelli has what could best be described as a violent ejection. The first outdoor match where I shot mine, I had a hard time finding my brass. My 1911 ejects about 5 feet out at 2:00. So out of force of habit, I was looking there. After the CF match I was looking for my brass, and a guy 4 stations to my right asked if I was shooting a .32 long. My brass was 30 feet away at 4:00 to 5:00. I'm using very light charges of powder, and had a new recoil spring to boot. Very accurate little pistol at 25 yards. Still working on a load for 50 yards.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:58 pm

What type/brand of dot sight are you planning to use?  

Jon made site mounts which replaced the rear sights on both of my MP90s.  I was concerned about the weight and balance (i.e. nose heavy) with Larry's mount. (I have one of his for my 208s and don't really like/use it). I use a Burris FF3 dot sight, under 3oz.

All of my 32s seem to have "violent" ejection?

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by xxper Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:19 pm

I was planning on putting a ultradot match dot on it to mirror the 90 in 22 caliber I have.

I have a Vortex Venom on my Pardini air pistol but not sure how it would work for timed and rapid.

Thanks for you reply
Jim

xxper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down