Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini magazine issue with 32 ACP

4 posters

Go down

Pardini magazine issue with 32 ACP Empty Pardini magazine issue with 32 ACP

Post by gregbenner September 3rd 2018, 2:08 pm

On another thread re: a magazine loader,  javaduke posted the following, in part 

javaduke “I also noticed that sometimes the rim of the top round goes beyond the rim of the round underneath and if this happens, the bolt doesn't go forward and the round jams in the magazine and I have to pry it out with a small screwdriver. It seems like Pardini could've done a better job designing those magazines. Just sayin'.”

I have also had this happen occasionally, very frustrating. I called Vladimir at Pardini, but perhaps I described it incorrectly, he didn’t seem to understand the issue?  In my case, I’m loading the T&B bullets in Starline brass. It seems to be magazine specific, although I’m not positive.

Have others noticed this?  Cure?

Last edited by gregbenner on September 3rd 2018, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Pardini magazine issue with 32 ACP Empty Re: Pardini magazine issue with 32 ACP

Post by Chris Miceli September 3rd 2018, 2:33 pm

It’s called rim lock. Happens due to design of the case. A different follower design may help but the possibly is always there.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don September 3rd 2018, 2:35 pm

Some call it "rimlock" and it can happen with any rimmed or semi-rimmed cartridge in a stacked magazine.  Essentially the rim of the top cartridge gets behind the rim of the cartridge below it and is held from feeding by that cartridge.  I've had it happen a half-dozen or so times with the 32acp Pardini, but always with the last cartridge loaded, i.e the fifth round loaded.  It's easy to release with a small screwdriver, but I don't know a foolproof solution.  I try to load the last round with a little extra care.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner September 3rd 2018, 3:01 pm

Thx Chris and DD! I’ve never experienced it before, was driving me crazy. My experience has been the same, only the 5th round loaded in the magazine, I.e. 1st round to be chambered.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Pardini magazine issue with 32 ACP Empty Happens to me too but you can spot it!

Post by CraigB5940 September 3rd 2018, 5:36 pm

I have trained myself to exercise care when loading the last round, I can tell by sight now if it got too far back to be behind the one underneath it, if so I slide it forward with my thumb while pressing down on the cartridge-sometimes it can take some effort to do this! 

As of late I've deliberately let the last round not slide as far back when I use my Upula loader-it's not happening much at all and I always make sure I do a visual on the mag before I set it down on the bench. So far so good in the timed and rapid fire stages. I've had the 32 ACP conversion kit for 6 weeks now and it's part of my match and practice behavior.

CraigB5940

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down