Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strong case question.....pistol clamp

5 posters

Go down

Strong case question.....pistol clamp Empty Strong case question.....pistol clamp

Post by lablover 9/23/2018, 7:19 am

Love my strong case I got t from Tim a few weeks back, however the pistol clamp is making me crazy.  With my 1911 in it and ruger mk iv I cant get it to,clamp down enough on the ruger barrel to make it secure.  I’ve tried a block of wood in the center holder but still no go.  What are some of the tricks you all are using to get these to clamp down secure on a barrel. The 1911 clamps perfect.

Thanks gents

Joe
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Strong case question.....pistol clamp Empty Re: Strong case question.....pistol clamp

Post by LenV 9/23/2018, 9:40 am

My wife gives me all the used wash clothes for the gun room. Very handy to place between pistols in the box. A couple of rolls around a smaller barrel before placing in the box and you can clamp it right up. You can also move the pistol forward far enough you can clamp down on the trigger guard in bottom of the slot.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Strong case question.....pistol clamp Empty Re: Strong case question.....pistol clamp

Post by lablover 9/23/2018, 10:52 am

Brilliant, thank you
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba Blaster 9/23/2018, 10:59 am

All unused spaces get a 1 inch piece of wood dowel or PVC tubing . Makes it nice and tight.

Bubba Blaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 9/23/2018, 2:40 pm

Bubba Blaster wrote:All unused spaces get a 1 inch piece of wood dowel or PVC tubing . Makes it nice and tight.
I will try that as well.  Just got back from the range and the wash cloth worked great.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnusbullets 9/24/2018, 4:43 pm

Old military belt. Cut a piece to fit in groove

Magnusbullets

http://www.magnusbullets.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 9/24/2018, 4:51 pm

Magnusbullets wrote:Old military belt. Cut a piece to fit in groove
Aghhh, I think I have several of those.  Thank you
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 9/24/2018, 11:15 pm

I took the clamps and rack out of my case and just put the pistols in rugs.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down