Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AW93 Aimpoint mount

3 posters

Go down

AW93 Aimpoint mount Empty AW93 Aimpoint mount

Post by messenger 9/26/2018, 8:00 pm

I just purchased a used AW93 set up just the way I wanted. It has a scope mount and a 1911 grip. Imagine my excitement as I take it out of it's case and caress this work of art. I take my aimpoint micro complete with Tott's shades and Kodiak Machine mount and go to slide it on and........what the........... it won't go on. I can get it about 3/16" on and that's it. My question is the original Aimpoint mount different dimensions or is it time to get the file out?

Bill
Attachments
AW93 Aimpoint mount Attachment
IMG_1173.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(153 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
AW93 Aimpoint mount Attachment
IMG_1169.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(157 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

AW93 Aimpoint mount Empty Re: AW93 Aimpoint mount

Post by Chris Miceli 9/26/2018, 8:05 pm

you have to remove the cross bolt, place scope on rai,l and then slide bolt through. Also that doesn't look like a Doug Hall AW93 scope base shame on you (unless it is than good on you!)

Last edited by Chris Miceli on 9/26/2018, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 9/26/2018, 8:31 pm

You may have to file the side of one slot just a bit for the Kodiak screw.  Don’t file the bottom of the slot!

Better yet would be to just use the stock Aimpoint mount on a static .22 frame and save the Kodiak base for centerfire slide riding.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 9/26/2018, 8:41 pm

I'm afraid you all have misunderstood my statement. With the bolt out it will not slide on. I have four Aimpoints all on Kodiak mounts. I realize the slot has to be widened. Since I have sold all my stock Aimpoint mounts, I can't check to see if a stock mount would work. I'm trying to find out if the stock mount is slightly larger where it would slide on the rail.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 9/26/2018, 9:03 pm

messenger wrote:I'm afraid you all have misunderstood my statement. With the bolt out it will not slide on. I have four Aimpoints all on Kodiak mounts. I realize the slot has to be widened. Since I have sold all my stock Aimpoint mounts, I can't check to see if a stock mount would work. I'm trying to find out if the stock mount is slightly larger where it would slide on the rail.

Bill
with bolt out tilt the base on one side and push down. then put bolt through,..

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down