Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beretta 92 Model Questions

5 posters

Go down

Beretta 92 Model Questions Empty Beretta 92 Model Questions

Post by Gunsnjeeps Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 am

Is a decocker on a Beretta 92 CMP legal as a Service Pistol?  Next question, what's the best price for a decocker?

Gunsnjeeps

Back to top Go down

Beretta 92 Model Questions Empty Re: Beretta 92 Model Questions

Post by cdrt Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 am

The addition of the decocker turns the pistol into a G Series, which is not included in the list of allowable 92 Series pistols.  In addition, it requires the removal of the manual safety, which is not allowed under the rules, so the answer to your first question is no.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunsnjeeps Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Pretty much what I deduced also. Easy enough to swap back and forth.

Gunsnjeeps

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:41 am

The G-Model of the Beretta 92 ( 92-G) was used by the French Military. I had asked this question to the CMP as the 92-G is not specifically mentioned as a legal firearm. Michelle Woods answered and I have copied the response she gave me as follows.  I did change the sights and took a copy of the e-mail to Camp Perry with me just in case the question of legal firearm came up.

The Beretta 92G has dot sights, if you change the sights this pistol would be legal.

Thanks,

Michelle Woods
Thanks for your continued support of the CMP.
Customer Service/Program Support
mwoods@thecmp.org
419 635-2141 ext.722

Just a heads up for ya.
Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:56 pm

A true 92G does not incorporate a safety and will have "92G" roll marked on the slide.

A 92FS that has been converted to decock only has had a safety device altered/ removed, and will still state "92FS" on the slide.

Something to consider...

It wasn't real clear to me if you were looking for a 92G or a conversion kit for a 92FS.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunsnjeeps Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 pm

DA/SA, looking to use the decocker for 3 Gun and Action pistol. While I don't shoot the 92FS as an EIC pistol it does get shot at Fleet and Navy matches by someone. I shot or once but since the ammo change in Service Pistol I shoot slow 185's now. Midway has the decocker for $46.49 and free shipping on $49 orders until the 18th.

Interestingly enough, the 92FS I have has dot sights but I'd probably put the Safety back in it for two weeks.

Gunsnjeeps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 am

Register on the BerettaUSA web page and get on the junkmail list for sales. Least December I purchased a barrel assembly and 92G decocker conversion for $109... So saved a bit of money, they do run magazine sales periodically too.

I would think any open sights are legal due to the last CMP update to service pistols. By dot sights I think they mean red dot? But the modification to the decocker is not allowed due to 4.2.1k. Maybe send another email to CMP as to why the 92G is not on the approved list? Would be a shame if someone bought a fancy Wilson Combat 92G and not be able to shoot a EIC match with it.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:54 am

My 92-G came with Tritium night sights. Don't know if these are standard with the "G" model but they are not allowed in competition by the CMP.  Changing the sights made my "G" model legal according to Michelle Woods e-mail.
The "G" designation is stamped on the frame of my 92.  I would think if you change the slide and decocker of any other 92 series and win any matches that require an inspection of the pistol after winning you would get disqualified.  But then I'm no expert when it comes to CMP rules. YMMV  

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:44 am

Tritium's are allowed now

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down