Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

making some progress

3 posters

Go down

making some progress Empty making some progress

Post by Paper-Puncher 9/3/2012, 8:12 pm

Well my persitence with the revolver is paying off...I can now hold 8ring slow fire with the revolver as well as the .45....My eyes are train'd to the open sights as they dont jump from the sights to the target anymore...makes a big difference when you get you eye trained to stay on the sights....But of course I alway go 2 steps forward and one back....my .22 scores are now all over the place......I am now shooting the center- fire guns better than the rim fires.....Shocked This game never gives you a break

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

making some progress Empty Re: making some progress

Post by Steve B 9/3/2012, 9:34 pm

Got the same problem here. When I'm shooting the revolver well then everything else suffers, and vice-versa. Are you using the revolver for CF or for DR?

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 9/5/2012, 3:33 pm

Steve ,

At the present the revolver is mainly just another toy in my box....I just got back to first shift after 5yrs on 2nd ..so I am starting to check into winter indoor leagues..in which the .22 and .45 would be my main guns....I would rather leave the revolver stock so at some point I guess it would be used for DR...Now I am shooting it with 148gr HBWC's and 2.7 WST...it has produced 1'' at 25yd groups and I can hold 8 ring at that distance open sighted...I feel the main reson my .22 scores are down is the difference in triggers...MY .45 trigger has almost no creep and the revolver is only slightly noticeable ...where as my 2 Ruger MKIII's have nice triggers but due to the need for a reset the travel is noticeable....the only way I can remove that would be to decrease the sear ingagement and since I dont have the right jigs for that I am not gonna fool with it...and both are just over 2.5lbs and am afraid that futher work would reduce them below that...which would be illegal for BE matches......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 9/6/2012, 7:40 am

Per rule 3.1.3, the minimum trigger weight for a .22 rimfire is 2 pounds.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 9/6/2012, 7:59 pm

Thx Mike I thought it was 2.5.....But still I believe , I'll leave well enough alone....

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down