Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kimber 1911 22 LR Conversion

3 posters

Go down

Kimber 1911 22 LR Conversion Empty Kimber 1911 22 LR Conversion

Post by Allen Barnett 10/28/2018, 7:00 pm

I bought a Kimber conversion for my 1911.  I was not buying it for actual competion use but as a training tool.  I had read the different threads about this conversion and knew going in I was not going to be getting a sub 1" gun and one that sometimes had problems with functioning.  BUT, talk about problems the Kimber will not even fit on my 1911 frame, it will only go about one inch onto the frame and then that is it.  I knew my frame was tight but I did not expect something like this.  Anybody got any thoughts about what might be causing this?

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Kimber 1911 22 LR Conversion Empty Re: Kimber 1911 22 LR Conversion

Post by OldShooter43 10/29/2018, 4:02 pm

It seems like you've got a lemon!  I had a Kimber conversion and it fit on my Colt Railgun, my Ed Brown Kobra Carry and a Les Baer "hardball" pistol with no problems at all.  It was definitely not in the same class as a Nelson (which I now have) but it did function without any real problems.  I'm thinking that you probably have a problem with tolerance "stacking".  Your pistol has a tight frame and, perhaps, that's combining with the conversion's slide being on the minimal end of its manufacturing tolerances.  Otherwise, the Kimber slide may be warped in some way.

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by thessler 11/2/2018, 6:36 am

Had the same exact problem. 
It took about five minutes with a fine file and some dychem to fit it.
Now it's nice and tight and runs perfect. 
Tom

thessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down