Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building/Choosing a CZ

+3
PhotoEscape
zanemoseley
WaterDR
7 posters

Go down

Building/Choosing a CZ Empty Building/Choosing a CZ

Post by WaterDR 10/31/2018, 7:14 am

Hey guys....new here.....experienced shooter and certified instructor.

I am looking to build/pirchase/customize a nice CZ built on a 75 platform. Just wondering if anyone here has done the same.

My options inclide starting with a Shadow 2 and modifying, buying something through CZ Custom, or even going tHrough Cajon Gun Works.

Looking for a 9m, best accuracy, and best possible trigger.

The Tactical Sports platforn looks like a great way to go too.

I plan on having it cut for an optic as well.

WaterDR

Back to top Go down

Building/Choosing a CZ Empty Re: Building/Choosing a CZ

Post by zanemoseley 10/31/2018, 7:20 am

I"ve got a shadow 2 and love it. I didn't buy for bullseye but with some work I don't see why you couldn't. The trigger is a nice short roll.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 10/31/2018, 7:55 am

If you can find something like this one, that would be my recommendation, -
https://oakhillguns.com/cz-75-cts-ls-b-9mm-sao.html
Or just get plain 75B and send it to CZ Custom / Rob Bagnato for Trigger/Hammer work.  Make sure you have version with safety lever, not the decocker one!
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by desben 10/31/2018, 12:03 pm

The 75B have a firing pin stop and a longer trigger reset. The Shadows don't have a firing pin stop and the reset is shorter. Something to consider if that's important for you.

If you're looking to mount an optic, maybe wait a month... The Shadow 2 OR (Optic Ready) is supposed to be released end of November. With a Cajun 10X bushing, I bet it would be a pretty decent 9mm pistol.
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterDR 10/31/2018, 5:11 pm

I prefer the shadow for the reasons stated above. Looking for short, light trigger but with noticeable crisp break. I also like the thumb test too but it’s nlt a deal breaker and looking for a high under cut as I grip high around the trigger guard.

I see the OR versions are coming out but I also see that Cajun Gun Works can cut for an optic for pretty cheap actually. The upside being that it will be a tight and perfect fit. The downside being that I would be stuck with that optic as the mount won’t be universal.

The tactical sport model is SA only bit I don’t think the grip angle and under cuts are what I want....not sure. The trigger is very short and light on the TS model and it’s also flat. But I understand that the reset is hard to feel. But under 2 lbs.

The Shadow 2 has the metal curved trigger. Better reset but around 3 to 3 1/2 lbs.

WaterDR

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 10/31/2018, 5:22 pm

EIC or Bullseye? 75b for EIC I do not think shadow is on the list. 

But be careful with the trigger job, Cajuns trigger job comes out under #2 if you not tell them to use a stiff spring. 

I would also consider a 97 with a 1911 bushing feels and shoots like a Pardinni.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterDR 10/31/2018, 6:25 pm

I am not worried about rules Smile. Shoot in a private league.

WaterDR

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterDR 10/31/2018, 6:26 pm

Btw I think the shadow trigger I can keep at 2 1/2 lbs. I need to talk to them again.

WaterDR

Back to top Go down

Post by JNW1 11/2/2018, 9:43 am

The Shadow 2 has the highest frame cut of all the CZs - I love the way they feel.  I think a shadow 2 from CZ Custom with their Accu bushing and a full trigger job with a SAO trigger would be awesome.  Cajun can do this as well - I don’t know which company makes a more accurate pistol with their custom bushings.  I’m dangerously close to getting a CZ 97 with Cajun’s E package.  Let us know what you end up with.
Jeff

JNW1

Back to top Go down

Post by kashaV 11/2/2018, 3:12 pm

CZ 75B SA. 40 cal. with 9mm SP01 top end. Also, a Kadet 22 rf top end. Very good accuracy.
CGW hammer, sear and trigger return spring. Short reach CZUB trigger.
Attachments
Building/Choosing a CZ Attachment
IMG_0901.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(84 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
IMG_0871.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(97 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
IMG_0805.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(59 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

kashaV

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterDR 11/2/2018, 8:19 pm

I think CJW can build a better gun. Thinking the Shadow 2 will be my platform because of the frame.

WaterDR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down