Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn Little targets

+2
Rob Kovach
Paper-Puncher
6 posters

Go down

Damn Little targets Empty Damn Little targets

Post by Paper-Puncher 9/26/2012, 10:01 pm

I cant help myself.....To me the 50ft target is just perfect for the rimfire guns......But with short course I get higher scores....I hate those 50ft targets but love'um at the same time.......279-5x 50ft ........287-12x ..25yds ..with the same gun........287 @ 50ft is really driven'um in there....but at the same time 268-5x 50ft open sighted sure is nice too......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Damn Little targets Empty Re: Damn Little targets

Post by Rob Kovach 9/26/2012, 10:17 pm

After shooting outdoors all summer, those little targets look TINY!!!!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 9/27/2012, 9:12 am

I shoot much better outdoors also. I found a good link where someone made the comparison between 50 ft, 25 yd, and 50 yd targets. The 50 ft target is proportionally smaller than than its longer distance counterparts.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave C. 9/27/2012, 11:54 am

You have not had fun until you shoot the TQ6 and TQ7 targets at 25 feet.

Try this with a semi auto air gun and a 3.5 lb triger. And turning targets.

I get about the same scrores as out doors at 50 yds.
Dave C.
Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post by fredw4 11/19/2012, 8:33 pm

We have a once a month bullseye shoot at our local club and we are shooting the TQ6 and TQ7 targets at 25 feet all the time. Yes, they are tiny looking, but they shoot the same. For some reason, I really prefer 25 yards.

fredw4

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 11/21/2012, 10:45 am

If a shooter's wobble is primarily from the arm & shoulder, they will shoot about the same scores at 50 yards (assuming good trigger control and accurate load). If the wobble is from the wrist or the shooter has poor trigger control, scores will be worse at long distances.

Wobble in the arm is proportional to distance; if it is 3" at 25 yards, it will be about a 6" at 50 yards; this is compensated by the larger scoring rings. The sight picture looks similar regardless of the distance since the pivot point (shoulder) is close to the eye.

Wobble that happens at the gun causes it to pivot out at the end of the arm causing larger errors on the target and makes the aiming area look worse at 50 yards. To make matters worse, the sights bouncing around makes it hard to pull the trigger and encourages chicken finger / snatching / jerking etc.

Trigger errors are not seen in the aiming area, but are seen in poor scores and bad shot calls at 50 yards.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down