Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colt Officer's Model Match - is it legal for DR?

4 posters

Go down

Colt Officer's Model Match - is it legal for DR? Empty Colt Officer's Model Match - is it legal for DR?

Post by Oleg G 1/23/2019, 2:58 pm

I just acquired an old (ca. 1925) Colt OMM - saw in my LGS, picked it up, loved it and the price was too good to pass up. Smile
This is my only revolver and I would like to determine whether it is legal for DR, or if I should turn it into a CF Pistol.

Colt Officer's Model Match - is it legal for DR? 20190110

As you can see from the picture, it is not a looker but it feels great and the trigger is really sweet.

The revolver comes with adjustable rear and front sights.
I would like to understand where I can use it it for DR.

Rule 3.1.4 states:
"It must be a factory manufactured revolver with no external modifications" and "...no external or internal modification may be made to the revolver as manufactured and sold by the factory of origin." The same rule also states "(b) Sights- Fixed or adjustable rear sights may be used. An Adjustable front sight is not allowed."

Does this mean that I simply cannot use this revolver for DR?

If so, I can still use it as a CF gun.

For CF use - I read on the forum that Weaver mount #08603 can be used as a no tap / no drill option, however, I cannot figure out how I would install it on this pistol. Any advice is welcome.

Colt Officer's Model Match - is it legal for DR? S-l16010

If I can't easily mount a dot, I can always use it with Iron sights Smile

Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Colt Officer's Model Match - is it legal for DR? Empty Re: Colt Officer's Model Match - is it legal for DR?

Post by cdrt 1/23/2019, 3:11 pm

Since it has an adjustable front sight, then, no, it is not legal for DR matches.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Colt Officer's Model Match - is it legal for DR? Empty Re: Colt Officer's Model Match - is it legal for DR?

Post by Jack H 1/23/2019, 3:19 pm

I asked about the adjustable front sight on the early OM pistols.  Answer was not legal in DR

Note the Colts have various models http://www.coltfever.com/Officer_s_Model.html

The best SF gun I ever had was an OMM SAO
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/23/2019, 6:15 pm

cdrt wrote:Since it has an adjustable front sight, then, no, it is not legal for DR matches.

and that's a shame!! would be nice to see these kind of classics on the line...
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 1/23/2019, 9:44 pm

I believe that only the Officers Model Target (OMT) has the adjustable front sight. 

The Officers Model Special (OMS), and Officers Model Match (OMM) are both legal with their non-adjustable front sight.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down