Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wad gun custom holster

5 posters

Go down

Wad gun custom holster Empty Wad gun custom holster

Post by tvphotog Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:56 pm

This post is for you guys who don't carry a bullseye pistol box to competitions. I shoot with a Colt.45 1911 GI model and a Nelson Custom .22 slide and magazines. I can carry most everything else in a backpack and don't use a wooden or aluminum box.

I've found the easiest way to do this is to have a holster for the 1911 with its Marvel rail and Ultradot. I had a custom leather holster made for that configuration. I've been using it for a year with complete satisfation.

PM for details.
Attachments
Wad gun custom holster Attachment
1.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(547 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
4.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(557 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
10.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(522 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
6.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(402 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
5.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(495 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

tvphotog

Back to top Go down

Wad gun custom holster Empty Re: Wad gun custom holster

Post by mpolans Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:11 am

Or you could also get any number of USPSA/IPSC holsters that hold the gun by the trigger guard.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by tvphotog Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:07 am

mpolans wrote:Or you could also get any number of USPSA/IPSC holsters that hold the gun by the trigger guard.
I've seen those. This is not a race gun. There is a certain amount of tradition to bullseye shooting, a one hundred year old gun, etc. I didn't want a modern, plastic holster, and I wanted more coverage and security along the gun, more than just a trigger guard hold.

Also, the plastic holsters are not cut for the added height of a scope rail.

tvphotog

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:16 am

For whatever it is worth, I do use a range box but I do not transport/carry my guns in the box because I don't think the box holds them securely enough.  The guns get transported/carried in a pistol rug.  The bulkier guns, such as the Pardini, get a larger rug than my 1911.

Also, as strange as this may seem, I belong to a club where if you holster carry and then pull the gun to use (in training, practice, match, etc) you will be asked to leave as the club has very strict rules on how a handgun that is to be used can be brought onto club property.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by tvphotog Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 am

My club has stipulations that the firearm must be in your possession at all times during your presence in the club. That's why everyone carries their weapon in a holster. We have very strict requirements, however, if you draw your gun from The holster that you must immediately check the action and leave the slide retracted or the cylinder released when showing the gun to others in the club. I think these rules are very important and would not feel comfortable being at a range without such constraints.

tvphotog

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:50 pm

tvphotog wrote:
mpolans wrote:Or you could also get any number of USPSA/IPSC holsters that hold the gun by the trigger guard.
I've seen those. This is not a race gun. There is a certain amount of tradition to bullseye shooting, a one hundred year old gun, etc. I didn't want a modern, plastic holster, and I wanted more coverage and security along the gun, more than just a trigger guard hold.

Also, the plastic holsters are not cut for the added height of a scope rail.

Might be a 100 year old gun, but with trigger parts that only date back about 50 years, and scope technology that is only about 35 years.
To each their own, but I wouldn't feel too bad about putting the gun in a holster based on 25 year old technology, and I don't see how the height of a scope rail is relevant to a holster like the one below.

Wad gun custom holster MHO3eT

Last edited by mpolans on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:45 pm

That's pretty cool; I mean, you never know when you're going to have to shoot Greedo.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vociferous Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:14 am

Greedo didn't shoot first!  I hate PC.

-PC
Vociferous
Vociferous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content