Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP

+4
Dr.Don
dronning
javaduke
ae1m
8 posters

Go down

Pardini SP Empty Pardini SP

Post by ae1m 2/1/2019, 12:17 pm

I am a fairly new (2 yr) .22 bullseye group and considering the Pardinin SP.  I am having difficulty with email with their sales group.

https://www.pardiniguns.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=945

I have been using a Burris Fastfire 3 which has a pic rail attachment.  Does anyone know definitively if that red dot can mount directly to what looks to be a built-in rail on the pistol?  The CS person who's been emailing me tells me it is ~200 to have a picitinny rail installed for the red dot.

Confused.

Bob

ae1m

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP Empty Re: Pardini SP

Post by javaduke 2/1/2019, 1:45 pm

The new Bullseye edition Pardinis (both SP and HP) have rail integrated with the barrel shroud, so you won't need any additional adapter except what you already have for your Burris FF. However, as a result, the dot would be installed very close to the muzzle and it makes the gun very front heavy. Some people like it, some don't (I don't Smile)

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by ae1m 2/1/2019, 2:05 pm

Pardini SP Pardin10
Thanks for the quick reply, but I don't really understand why it can't be placed here.

ae1m

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 2/1/2019, 2:10 pm

It can be placed close to the rear, but that requires special rings which are expensive. Check the link below to see what Bullseye version looks like. The rail is really only two notches at the front, the rest is proprietary Pardini dovetail groove. 

http://www.lavetrinadellearmi.it/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Pardini-Bullseye-03.jpg

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by ae1m 2/1/2019, 2:16 pm

Really?  Who's bright idea was that?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Bob

ae1m

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 2/1/2019, 2:35 pm

If you have an Aimpoint Micro either the H1 or H2 you can get the Kodiak mount made for the Pardini.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don 2/1/2019, 3:02 pm

The Pardini rings are not that expensive -- $50 when I bought mine last year.  I shoot them on an HP (32acp) and they have never moved a bit.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 2/1/2019, 3:25 pm

I have a Burris FF3 on my Pardini. It fits fine in the narrow rail. I interchange all three available barrels. I’ve neverhad any issues at all. Works perfect.

I am using the base that came with it, no mods needed.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by shaky452 2/1/2019, 3:50 pm

This is the rail mount that comes with the FF3.
Pardini SP Pardin10

shaky452

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 2/1/2019, 4:42 pm

Yup, that what I have as well.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 2/2/2019, 8:06 am

Ah, I didn't know Burris can be mounted on that rail as is. I thought the cross bolt would interfere since there are no grooves like on a regular picatiny rail. Interesting...

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 2/2/2019, 8:35 am

javaduke wrote:Ah, I didn't know Burris can be mounted on that rail as is. I thought the cross bolt would interfere since there are no grooves like on a regular picatiny rail. Interesting...
If you look close at the picture (click on it to see the larger pic) the Burris mount is actually sitting off the rail, the clamps of the mount grip into the rail just fine but there is a gap between the rail and the bottom of the mount usually this type of mount sits flush on the rail.    I'm not sure if it's enough to clear the bolt without mods though (post below says it clears). 
- Dave

EDITED FOR CLARITY

Last edited by dronning on 2/2/2019, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 2/2/2019, 10:42 am

dronning wrote:
javaduke wrote:Ah, I didn't know Burris can be mounted on that rail as is. I thought the cross bolt would interfere since there are no grooves like on a regular picatiny rail. Interesting...
If you look close at the picture (click on it to see the larger pic) the Burris mount is actually sitting off the rail.  I'm not sure if it's enough to clear the bolt without mods though.
- Dave
Don’t really understand the comment, but mine works with no mods.

Ps. Went out and looked more closely. On mine it does “appear” to be sideways a bit on the rail, but is an optical illusion. On mine, the cross bolt (the one that tightens the sight base) does not touch the top of the barrel at any point. With a flashlight, I can clearly see under the rail. I have several FF3s, and have changed sights more than once, so on mine, any FF3 will work.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 2/6/2019, 1:11 am

The rail machined into the reciever of the Pardini SP is a 19mm European dove tail.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by bentrod 2/6/2019, 6:10 pm

I have the SP22 6" with an Animpoint H1 sitting on KC's Kodiak mount and his  shades on the Aimpoint. Great setup. This pistol is unbelievable.

Jim Walters

bentrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down