Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

info requested on Beretta 76w & @ unique 22 short target pistols

5 posters

Go down

info requested on Beretta 76w & @ unique 22 short target pistols Empty info requested on Beretta 76w & @ unique 22 short target pistols

Post by nanuk2 2/12/2019, 9:06 pm

I have just registered on this site as I recently came into 3 22 cal pistols that I know very little about (I'm basically a shotgun guy). The 1st is a beretta 76W (Lnib) of which I have found basic info on it. The other 2 pistols (22 short cal) are marked Vitesse Olympique UIT Unique --1 is model Unique Des 823-U and the other is model Unique Des VO. What I find interesting on these 2 are the ports on the top of the barrel.The 823 has 4 holes--2 open and 2 plugged with screws while the VO has 8 holes with 4 open 2 plugged with flat head screws and 2 plugged with allen screws. I have found very little info on these two ---other than they were used for 25 meter Olympic rapid fire shooting which I believe has been discontinued. I have shot the 823 and I must add , they both seem to have great triggers. These are pistols only -each with one mag--no box or paperwork. I would say they are in high 90's condition and appear to be very well made.
My questions are---can I safely shoot high velocity shorts or should I stay with target ammo only & are these guns considered DECENT--JUNK--or GREAT ?
Any additional info (on the ports/adjustments/value) would be greatly appreciated.
regards
Bob

nanuk2

Back to top Go down

info requested on Beretta 76w & @ unique 22 short target pistols Empty Re: info requested on Beretta 76w & @ unique 22 short target pistols

Post by dronning 2/12/2019, 9:39 pm

I looked at a VO 10 years ago but passed because it's almost impossible to find parts - even then.  Also very expensive to shoot, 22 short ammo is about 50% higher than the same quality 22LR ammo.  I'd stick to target ammo velocities to make sure you don't break anything, because if you do you might not be able to fix it.

Personally I'd consider them more of a novelty/collector piece and fun to own and would only shoot it occasionally.
- Dave

FYI  If you were considering competing with one of them:

NRA rules, "Any pistol (single shot or semi-automatic) or revolver chambered for .22 caliber rim-fire long rifle may be used; barrel length, including cylinder, not more than 10 inches. Trigger pull not less than 2 pounds."

Last edited by dronning on 2/12/2019, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

info requested on Beretta 76w & @ unique 22 short target pistols Empty Re: info requested on Beretta 76w & @ unique 22 short target pistols

Post by Jon Eulette 2/12/2019, 9:45 pm

Most 22 short rapid fire pistols had lightened bolts for faster cycling. Hotter ammunition would probably crack the frame/receiver.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike M. 2/14/2019, 10:01 pm

Stick with target .22 shorts.  RF pistols weren't made for high-speed stuff.  The problems are that Rapid just isn't shot much in the USA due to lack of target bays (which is a shame, it's great fun), and ISSF changed the rules to require .22LR (basically, the Standard Pistol rules).

WRT the Beretta 76, they were a mid-grade target pistol.  Think of it as a Ruger Mk II with an Italian accent.  It's not a Pardini, but it's a fun gun to shoot.

Mike M.

Back to top Go down

Post by bdrake 6/23/2020, 6:31 pm

I got an email today from a gun store (Classic Firearms) that they have gotten a delivery of several Beretta 76 target pistols in 22LR  (5.75" barrel, 10 round magazines and adjustable sights) for $449 plus tax, shipping and transfer fees)
I've already got a Ruger and a S&W 22LR pistol for the rimfire stages, but if anyone wants to pursue an all-beretta 2700 score one day, this might be a means to do it. 
https://www.classicfirearms.com/beretta-model-76-target-pistol-surplus-22-lr-caliber/

bdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down