Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning solvent for aw93

+4
gregbenner
Sa-tevp
CrankyThunder
thessler
8 posters

Go down

Cleaning solvent for aw93 Empty Cleaning solvent for aw93

Post by thessler Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:53 am

Hi
Just bought  an aw93 , in the manual they state do not use a solvent with chlorine or acids. Can anyone tell me what  they use on this gun ? I have no idea what is in standard solvents and don't want to use the wrong thing.
Thanks, Tom

thessler

Back to top Go down

Cleaning solvent for aw93 Empty Good Morning Thesseler

Post by CrankyThunder Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:34 am

I have a number of high dollar firearms including a FWB 093 and use either ezzox or gunzilla on them.  Either product is readily available at a number of sights on the web.  

Do not think that there is any ammonia or chlorine in them but I can attest to using ezzox for over ten years and about seven years with gunzilla that I see no deterioration of the finish on the firearms.  

I selected ezzox a long time ago based on one of the many internet rust and lube testings and then gunzilla is a more local product that is a lot cheaper and available over the counter at a number of stores around here so it was cheap and convenient.   

I swear that after switching from Hoppes that the new stuff makes firearm cleaning easier and quicker, I think it somehow penetrates the pores of the steel and allows dirt and grime to be taken out easier.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Cleaning solvent for aw93 Empty Re: Cleaning solvent for aw93

Post by Sa-tevp Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:56 am

I use Ballistol. The AW93 is a breeze to clean due to the nickel finish.

Since it is a 22 I use these steps from Larry Carter's Hammerli cleaning instructions found on Ed Hall's collection of shooting articles:

e. Clean the frame using the M16 style brush.  Use a cloth around the brush for the magazine well. 

f. Clean chamber using cotton swabs first. Next use the specially formed .25 caliber brass brush by inserting it into the chamber and twisting back and forth several times.

g. Place a patch on the nylon cord and pull it through the bore threading the cord from the chamber through to the muzzle. A patch should be sufficient, however if a brush must be used, do the following: Place the empty rod carefully through the bore from muzzle to chamber first. Next screw the brush onto the rod. Finally, PULL the brush through the bore from chamber to muzzle. Repeat patch procedure. NEVER push a brush through the barrel in either direction.

h. If the crown needs cleaning, use the cloth only. Note that if the dirt pattern is clearly visible, it should show close to perfect symmetry.

https://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/hammerli208sca.html
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:40 pm

I follow the instructions that Pardini USA gave me. In my case, I just use Kroil and soft patches. Since I have a dot sight it’s not easy to take apart, I use a long stem cotton swab and insert from the muzzle.  I use a 32 bore brush at a right angle for the chamber only.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 am

I like Gunzilla as well. Any good quality CLP works nicely. EWL is also good as is Kroil.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Love Kroil!
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:35 am

Militec-1 is also good. That bottle will last a lifetime. 

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fotomaniac Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:59 am

Todd Utter, THE AW93 guru recommends K3 spray solvent. Blows away everything with ease.

Last edited by Fotomaniac on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Fotomaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Fotomaniac wrote:Todd Utter, THE AW93 guru recommends K3 spray solvent. Blows away everything with ease.

Try Nitro Cleaner.  Its for Radio Control (RC) hobbyist and will blow more grease, dirt, oil, etc. than gun cleaners and is paint, electronics, rubber, etc. safe.  It also doesn't leave a residue.  Not cheap, but works amazing well.  The only problem is once you start purchasing and use around the house you'll order by the case.  I started with my kids racing RC cars now use it for the majority of degreasing tasks.

https://www.rcplanet.com/chemicals-adhesives/cleaners-degreasers/ta-emerald-clean-nitro-cleaner-13-5-oz-tae4550/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwg73kBRDVARIsAF-kEH_eDiwwiSkPJKvdePW47-nkG9Mq5ViobtlxaVFa5o-WcTguYftMMNEaAnOrEALw_wcB

https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynamite-nitro-force-cleaner-dyn5505/p71647?gclid=Cj0KCQjwg73kBRDVARIsAF-kEH9BL8y4SmNucN0pKHmnSWAJl1NtWxtbKPeBPm_N3kG3cCWwv3iKPaQaAkjuEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/Dynamite-Nitro-Force-Car-Cleaner/dp/B0006O51AO/ref=asc_df_B0006O51AO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312126267824&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1452525723955316829&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031276&hvtargid=pla-571431009838&psc=1

Cleaning solvent for aw93 10453__92093.1516412519

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Fotomaniac Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Probably very similar properties...KG Industries 3 works great and is available thru Midway

Fotomaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:46 pm

For the past 10 years and 18,805 rounds, I have used Hoppes #9.  It works, is relatively inexpensive, and easy to find.  My AW93 (current model) is still incredibly accurate, all parts are still the same color as when new, and the rubber parts are still as pliable and functional as intended.  So far, no parts or pieces have fallen off or ever failed.  

I have yet to find a standard velocity ammo that won't work flawlessly.  CCI (0032), Aguila Super Extra, and Norma Match work very well and are fairly inexpensive.  The CMP Eley is another great inexpensive ammo.

I use a .22 cleaning rope that has no brushes to clean the barrel and a hard fiberglass brush for the chamber.  I clean after each match (90 rounds) or after each practice session.  That way, nothing has a chance to build up to require a more aggressive cleaning.  I have never had a refire except for a range alibi made by range equipment failures or the person calling the match making a mistake.

I disassemble the mags in the spring before each bullseye season with Hoppes and then apply a light coat of Remoil.  I shoot at my club through the off season.

HOWEVER, if you insist on spending a lot of money or want to use something exotic, then by all means do so.  To do otherwise would make the sacrifices made by a tattered Continental Army at that Valley Forge back in the day in vain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down