Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on 208s left at Larry's Guns: my baby is on her way home!

4 posters

Go down

Update on 208s left at Larry's Guns: my baby is on her way home! Empty Update on 208s left at Larry's Guns: my baby is on her way home!

Post by dohner2 3/30/2019, 2:18 pm

I promised an update when I had one and this is it! 

Howell's Guns in Grey, Maine contacted us to inform that the Hammerli 208s that had been at Larry's Guns for repair when he passed was "boxed and ready to ship." I called today (they needed payment for shipping, transfer fee): spoke with Dave, very helpful. He said that about 4-5 guns have been brought to them to date for shipping...and fortunately for me, mine was one of them. It's important to note that Howell's is not directly responsible for collecting and boxing the pistols, nor does Howell's have any other information on inventory availability. The pistols are being brought in to Howell's one or two at a time and Howell's (as the FFL) has agreed to ship them out to the owners.
dohner2
dohner2

Back to top Go down

Update on 208s left at Larry's Guns: my baby is on her way home! Empty Re: Update on 208s left at Larry's Guns: my baby is on her way home!

Post by dronning 3/30/2019, 3:28 pm

That's great news! 
Really not that long considering having to go through Probate which usually takes 90 days after being filed (different in every State) and then dealing with the ATF.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Update on 208s left at Larry's Guns: my baby is on her way home! Empty Re: Update on 208s left at Larry's Guns: my baby is on her way home!

Post by dohner2 3/30/2019, 5:31 pm

Agreed! I feel like I'm one of the lucky ones. Hope everyone else who has property there fares as well...
dohner2
dohner2

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 3/30/2019, 5:51 pm

Good news; thanks for the update.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShooter 4/9/2019, 1:48 pm

@dohner2, do you have a contact at Larry's?  I have a Kart 22 consignment there and have not heard anything.  Or a contact at Howell's?

OldShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by dohner2 4/24/2019, 7:11 pm

Sorry for the late response! Haven't been on here for awhile Cool

The email I have is for customer service at Howell's: csr@howellsgunshop.com
I spoke with Dave: very helpful.

I had an email address for a family member of Larry, but got no response, so will refrain from sharing...

Perhaps you've heard from Howell's by now, but if not, I strongly encourage you to call. From what I understand, there was some difficulty in determining ownership for some of the pistols. I had sent documentation of ownership with serial number, etc., which may have helped speed recovery.

My two cents worth--good luck!

Laura
dohner2
dohner2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down