Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brass screen needed

4 posters

Go down

Brass screen needed Empty Brass screen needed

Post by hengehold Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:18 am

I am new to BE and need to make a brass screen that will attach to my pistol box. I’m looking for suggestions on what you have used to make one. Some links to the materials would be helpful.

Thanks,
-T

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Brass screen needed Empty Re: Brass screen needed

Post by dronning Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:40 am

Went to hardware store for the wire mesh cut it to the size that would fit in my box and taped the edges with duct tape.

Just be aware there is a minimum mesh size as not to be considered a wind break.

Added:Check Home Depot or your hardware store for 1/4 in. x 2 ft. x 5 ft. 23-Gauge Galvanized Steel Hardware Cloth <= that's about the smallest size roll you will find.
- Dave

Here I pulled the rule for you:
3.9.1 Deflecting Screens - Shooters may use a screen fastened to their shooting kit, or similarly placed, to deflect empty cases, provided the screen is made of material such as “Hardware Cloth,” with wires not larger than 1/16 inch in diameter and spaced not closer than 1/4 inch. Screens of solid material may not be used.

Last edited by dronning on Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added product description)
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:38 am

Also look for Irwin Quick clamps in 1-1/2". Love these little things.

https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-QUICK-GRIP-Handi-Clamp-4-59400CD/dp/B00005RHP0/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=irwin+1-1%2F2%22+clamp&qid=1554219478&s=gateway&sr=8-3

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 am

Instead of using duct tape, I folded the edge over and hammered it into a clean "hem" with no sharp edges.  I also measured the inside of the box and made the screen slightly smaller so it fits flat behind the tray.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down