Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to remover the creep from a Ruger/Volquartsen trigger

3 posters

Go down

How to remover the creep from a Ruger/Volquartsen trigger Empty How to remover the creep from a Ruger/Volquartsen trigger

Post by JimTMich 4/18/2019, 3:32 pm

I have a Ruger Mark II and Mark III both with Volquartsen accurizing kits.  I would like to remove the creep.  I called Clark Custom Guns as they used to be big in Ruger Mark pistols but they no longer work on them.

Is it possible?  

My problem is during slowfire if I decide to abandon a shot, the creep doesn't reset so I have to approach the shot differently...

I need a consistent trigger to be consistent.  I shot a 861 last night and lost several points due to this.

If someone had the recipe, I would buy or make a sear jig and get out the stones and give it a try.

I can do a nice armature glass break trigger job with no creep on a 1911 thanks to a great jig I bought years ago.

Thanks,

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

How to remover the creep from a Ruger/Volquartsen trigger Empty Re: How to remover the creep from a Ruger/Volquartsen trigger

Post by Jon Eulette 4/18/2019, 3:45 pm

Powers Custom Series 1 Jig.
Have fun! I've done at least 100 Ruger MK trigger jobs on mine. Great fixture.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

How to remover the creep from a Ruger/Volquartsen trigger Empty Re: How to remover the creep from a Ruger/Volquartsen trigger

Post by zanemoseley 4/18/2019, 4:49 pm

Good call Clark, stop working on one of the highest production pistols ever made. Genius

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by JimTMich 4/19/2019, 7:22 am

Jon Eulette wrote:Powers Custom Series 1 Jig.
Have fun! I've done at least 100 Ruger MK trigger jobs on mine. Great fixture.
Jon
Perfect!  Thank you so much.

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down