Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another oddity regarding the newer Gold Cups

+6
cdrt
TonyH
james r chapman
Wobbley
10sandxs
inthebeech
10 posters

Go down

Yet another oddity regarding the newer Gold Cups Empty Yet another oddity regarding the newer Gold Cups

Post by inthebeech 5/24/2019, 3:53 pm

I just discovered another non-GI part that is apparently unique to the current production Gold Cups.  It seems that the width of the trigger is not consistent with most other 1911's?  After fitting a Cylinder and Slide short trigger so I can see if this length is better for me, I noticed the gaping spaces on both sides between trigger and frame.
That was a thirty dollar lesson.  The one previous was concerning the non-standard front dovetail; that cost me fifteen dollars.
Does anyone want this trigger for say fifteen bucks shipped to your door?  It is C&S part number CS0194SR.  After fitting the height is now .903" just so you know what you're getting. Not likely but if you have a wide (apparently for Gold Cups only) and either short or medium to trade, all the better.
Ed
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Yet another oddity regarding the newer Gold Cups Empty Re: Yet another oddity regarding the newer Gold Cups

Post by 10sandxs 5/24/2019, 6:03 pm

The old Gold Cups had wide triggers as well if memory serves...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Yet another oddity regarding the newer Gold Cups Empty Re: Yet another oddity regarding the newer Gold Cups

Post by Wobbley 5/24/2019, 6:29 pm

All of my Gold Cups have wide triggers.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 5/24/2019, 7:32 pm

Wide trigger on my series 80 GC trophy
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 5/24/2019, 9:32 pm

Wide shooter on my GCNM......Laughing
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 5/24/2019, 10:58 pm

All Gold Cups have wide triggers.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 5/25/2019, 1:10 am

TonyH wrote:Wide shooter on my GCNM......Laughing

Tony for the win!
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 5/25/2019, 6:27 am

It looks like there is an option for someone looking to put a shorter trigger in; EGW makes a long wide trigger but it appears to have plenty of meat and is solid so I can mill a new radius in the front at whatever shortened length I want to try.  I should ask them at what point I am going to hit something.  I'm not sure how they're made.  There goes another thirty sheckles. Very Happy
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 5/25/2019, 10:34 am

cdrt wrote:All Gold Cups have wide triggers.

mid range guns (factory) as well
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 5/25/2019, 11:39 am

Greetings,

Videki used to make an Aluminum trigger for the Gold Cup.

I was able to shorten it to suit my wife's hand.

No longer made; but, eBay might be a source.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/25/2019, 12:06 pm

Froneck (on this forum) makes a new short wide trigger with his shoe attached permanently for the GC.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down