Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best DA Revolver for DR

+8
mpolans
STEVE SAMELAK
Allgoodhits
PMcfall
adminbot1911
LenV
JayhawkNavy02
james r chapman
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best DA Revolver for DR - Page 2 Empty Best DA Revolver for DR

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

I want to improve my performance in Harry Reeves and (in future) Distinguished Revolver. I have medium hands with shortish fingers. I find it very difficult to thumb the hammer fast enough to get 4 accurate shots off SA during Rapid Fire stage.

I tried a K14-4 (but it had an 8" barrel so I sold it), the DA was smooth, but still very hard for me to be consistent using DA for RF.

Roddy suggested trying a Ruger SP101 which has a smaller frame and therefore fits my hand better, but I still have great difficulty with (the somewhat heavier) DA trigger and no easier for me to thumb the hammer. I'm bidding on another K14 6" barrel, but am wondering whether it is the right choice.

So, all you revolver experts out there, any suggestions on which 6" barrel 38/357 revolver has (or can be modified to have) the shortest, smoothest, lightest Double Action trigger? I'm not ready to pay ~$3.5k for a Manurhin/Korth/Python, but am open to pretty much any other suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Best DA Revolver for DR - Page 2 Empty Re: Best DA Revolver for DR

Post by orpheoet Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:31 am

K.C. Crawford did the trigger work on my M14-1 and it is glorious. Got my DR with it last year. I shoot timed and rapid 1st shot SA and the rest DA. BTW the grips are Herrett's Shooting Stars I believe.
Best DA Revolver for DR - Page 2 Fullsi21

Last edited by orpheoet on Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by David R Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:03 am

Any grip that exposes the metal backstrap will get your hand closer. Had to do this with herrets for my daughter that has stubby chubby fingers.

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:32 am

I would also endorse Sandy and Robbie at NVGW.  Sandy kept my bullseye pistols running for years.  Built my EIC  45 and I went Distinguished, Presidents 100 and won the Elihu Root Gold Medal with it back when we shot full bore hardball.  Like someone else said, Sandy appears to be a little crusty but it certainly didn't bother me.  Despite appearances, he has a heart of gold.
Phil

Last edited by PMcfall on Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2