Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wad gun barrels

+3
Olde Pilot
Wobbley
lablover
7 posters

Go down

Wad gun barrels Empty Wad gun barrels

Post by lablover 8/15/2019, 3:27 pm

is there a barrel for 45 wad guns that like lead better than jacketed?  I might pick up a inexpensive 45 to try my hand at making it a wad gun backup or for the wife.  She loves to shoot but has never had the desire to compete.  She was diagnosed with MS several months ago and I want to try to motivate her that she still can do the things she likes to do.  If I told her we could have one built by a be Smith she would never let that fly.  It absolutely kills me to see her so down.  Last year she was doing 100 pushups before dinner and walking on her hands.  Sorry, I digress...Crying or Very sad
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Wad gun barrels Empty Re: Wad gun barrels

Post by Wobbley 8/15/2019, 3:39 pm

There was once a consensus that Kart was better for lead bullets and BarSto was better for jacketed (or was it the other way around.). In any event, I’m sure any or a KKM will do what you need.  Others will likely chime in as to what’s better.  But it won’t be by much...

And sorry about your wife. I’ve had co workers with MS and it’s such a debilitating disease.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 8/15/2019, 3:55 pm

Wobbley wrote:There was once a consensus that Kart was better for lead bullets and BarSto was better for jacketed (or was it the other way around.). In any event, I’m sure any or a KKM will do what you need.  Others will likely chime in as to what’s better.  But it won’t be by much...

And sorry about your wife.  I’ve had co workers with MS and it’s such a debilitating disease.
Thank you

And yes, it’s pure evil!

I was thinking about trying one of those kart easy fit jobs
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot 8/15/2019, 4:13 pm

Don't go too inexpensive or you may be frustrated by poor dimension control in the frame, lousy trigger, etc. Range Officer is still the top dog for a starter BE pistol-- pretty inexpensive and easily upgraded by you or BE smith as skill development/usage warrants.

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 8/15/2019, 4:23 pm

Olde Pilot wrote:Don't go too inexpensive or you may be frustrated by poor dimension control in the frame, lousy trigger, etc. Range Officer is still the top dog for a starter BE pistol-- pretty inexpensive and easily upgraded by you or BE smith as skill development/usage warrants.
I have 3 total, one is the standby I think.  Lol
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by David R 8/15/2019, 5:10 pm

I installed an EZ fit.    Not a big job, lots of patients required.  In the end, I got less than 2”. @50 yards.   Jacketed seem to outperform lead by a little no matter which gun or barrel I use.    This one likes 180s.   

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 8/16/2019, 2:22 am

I have a Kart barrel on my wadcutter gun and shoot lead in it, a very nicely finished barrel both inside and out.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 8/16/2019, 6:27 am

+1 on the Exact-a-fit system.  Both my 45 and 38S came out rock solid, though I've never machine rest tested them.  Get the small kit that they offer as well.  But I fit my bushings to the slide first and then used that bushing rather than the supplied temporary bushing when fitting the barrel.  The only reason you get a temporary bushing is that it has a large flange which makes grabbing it and removing it those hundred times during barrel fitting, a bit easier.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 8/16/2019, 8:22 am

I use Kart for lead and KKM for jacketed.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 8/16/2019, 3:30 pm

kc.crawford.7 wrote:I use Kart for lead and KKM for jacketed.
Thank you sir.  Question answered
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down