Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X-esse magazine disassembly and spring replacement

3 posters

Go down

X-esse magazine disassembly and spring replacement Empty X-esse magazine disassembly and spring replacement

Post by KB2MBC 9/16/2019, 7:50 am

I am looking to replace a few mag springs, so I am looking for a supply source though I'm afraid there isn't one, yet.
I am also looking for information on how to take the darn thing apart. I thought I did once before but maybe it was only in a dream.
Anyone out there that can point me in the correct direction?
Tnx - Bill
KB2MBC
KB2MBC

Back to top Go down

X-esse magazine disassembly and spring replacement Empty Re: X-esse magazine disassembly and spring replacement

Post by Asa Yam 9/16/2019, 12:33 pm

Found instructions on magazine disassembly for cleaning/inspection on Pilkington guns at http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/sphex.htm .

Larry's Guns sells magazine springs at $29.95 for a pack of 5, or $6.50 each.   Weblink is https://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Hammerli-Trailside-Xesse-magazine-spring-5-pack__LGIXEMS-spc-Mag-prd--spc-Spring-comm--spc-Improved.aspx .  These apparently provide more spring pressure, and reportedly help improve feeding and function.

Results above were found via websearch.  There may well be other sources for both types of info.

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

X-esse magazine disassembly and spring replacement Empty Re: X-esse magazine disassembly and spring replacement

Post by jglenn21 9/16/2019, 12:47 pm

Larry's is no longer doing business but his inventory went to the Cardinal Shooting Center and should come back on line at some point this year.. His springs help with the slide catch working properly more than anything.

if you want stock springs I'd suggest you call Walther USA and talk to the service department..

Last edited by jglenn21 on 9/16/2019, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by KB2MBC 9/16/2019, 5:08 pm

The slide catch is the issue at hand right now. I've tightened it down so it moves freely but not sloppy. I think the issue is down to 2 mags, even then it is not consistent. Until I resolve the issue I will relegate the two magazines to slow fire use only. Meanwhile I'll call Walther USA and see about the springs.
Thanks for the info...
KB2MBC
KB2MBC

Back to top Go down

Post by KB2MBC 9/17/2019, 9:26 am

Contacted Walther USA Parts Dept. and asked for the magazine spring, he asked me for a part number.
I couldn't find one, even in the manual, only the mfg. number for the entire magazine.
Soo… anyone have a part number for just the spring?
KB2MBC
KB2MBC

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 9/17/2019, 10:23 am

Shoot me a pm. I have several new springs I've removed and replaced with larrys. You are welcome to them
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down