Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What sources for small pistol primers & powder

+6
Wobbley
dronning
BE Mike
zanemoseley
troystaten
Upper40
10 posters

Go down

What sources for small pistol primers & powder Empty What sources for small pistol primers & powder

Post by Upper40 9/28/2019, 7:57 pm

Been away from reloading (and competition) for many years now.  So I need to establish a source for small pistol primers and powder. Still have a few thousand primers and a half full W231 (8lb) can which are very old. (now practice stuff obviously).

When I was shooting PPC..Federal primers were the norm because they were soft and ignited easily...is that still true?

Thanks

Upper40

Back to top Go down

What sources for small pistol primers & powder Empty Re: What sources for small pistol primers & powder

Post by troystaten 9/28/2019, 9:36 pm

Powder Valley. https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

troystaten

Back to top Go down

What sources for small pistol primers & powder Empty Re: What sources for small pistol primers & powder

Post by zanemoseley 9/28/2019, 9:50 pm

Powder Valley has good prices all around. If you keep an eye on Brownells, and Midway USA you might get a free shipping and Hazmat on larger orders which saves a ton. If you're buying small quantities look for a local shop.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 9/29/2019, 7:56 am

Federal primers still have a reputation for being "soft" and therefore easier to ignite. I use Winchester, because they are economical and feed the best through my Dillon presses.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 9/29/2019, 8:39 am

Upper40 wrote:thousand primers and a half full W231 (8lb) can which are very old. (now practice stuff obviously).
Not necessarily if they were stored properly.  Just used some W231 that was in a very old container with a screw top, worked just fine.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 9/29/2019, 9:48 am

I just used up an old can of Bullseye...still said “Hercules” on it. Shot just fine.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 10/1/2019, 1:16 pm

Brownells has their .01 hazmat fee Today for orders > $150
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 10/1/2019, 2:09 pm

If you live in the North West then drop into your local Bi-mart and fill your cart. Pretty much everything back on the shelve now. The prices beat anything you will find at Midway.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Deerspy 10/2/2019, 9:41 pm

think powder Valley has half price hazmat no mimmim on now till 10-14-19

Deerspy

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 10/3/2019, 12:18 am

I vote for Graf's and Midway USA. I live 30 minutes from Graf's in Mexico, MO and only 40 minutes from Midway USA in Columbia, MO.  Both offer discounts/sale prices at time.  They have competive prices if you can wait for specials.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down