Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced Bullseye training Program

+2
Jon Eulette
vicvan901
6 posters

Go down

Advanced Bullseye training Program Empty Advanced Bullseye training Program

Post by vicvan901 12/6/2019, 1:49 pm

bullseye_training_workbook.pdf The Title of the “workbook” says Advanced Bullseye Training Program but looks like it may a good alternative to the USMC workbook for total beginners? Looks like a newbie could start with .22 and then .45 for second time (or more).  Thanks Vic central IL

vicvan901

Back to top Go down

Advanced Bullseye training Program Empty Re: Advanced Bullseye training Program

Post by Jon Eulette 12/6/2019, 2:43 pm

I have not seen it, but I will say there is no such thing as advanced BE training. Fundamentals are fundamentals. Mastering them is what it takes to shoot 10's consistently. No magic tricks, just learn the fundamentals and learn to apply them. Having a M/HM to help you really speeds things up.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 12/6/2019, 3:56 pm

Welcome Vicvan

http://www.whdmclmarksmen.info/ASSETS/abpth.pdf

It is using the AMU workbook with some added generic training/goal setting tools.

However, I did like the concept of the worksheets on 24 and 25 to help in calling and analyzing what went wrong - in order to then establish a training plan.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by vicvan901 12/6/2019, 4:42 pm

I thought it was WAY over the calling it Advanced! I was mainly wondering if it would be sensible, as a new beginner to start wit the 50 foot instead of 25 yard. I know there is no advanced anything without months/years of HARD work study and practice. I teach tai chi and my students cant understand why their few months of training and practice don’t make it that they ca perform as I do.

vicvan901

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 12/6/2019, 5:12 pm

Vic,

I took a class with a good instructor, his philosophy was "If you can't shoot a good group on a 25 yd sustained fire target (while shooting it slow fire) then you certainly won't do it at a faster pace".  His suggested progression was shoot slow fire on a blank paper first, then a black dot (9 ring dimension), then actual target. Once you are shooting good slow fire groups on the target, start one shot sustained drills with commands, then one shot with mag out so you can dry fire the second sustained shot.  Or you can shoot more slow fire on the appropriate distance's slow fire target.  

I have a 25 yd range available in winter, so that is why I work with 25 yd targets.   For me, shooting the 50' targets was reinforcing a bad habit of stopping the trigger in order to improve the shot.

Good luck, the high masters are the ones to listen to, but since I got this from a very good shooter, I wanted to share it.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrell Cox 12/6/2019, 9:20 pm

Welcome vicvan,
I’m from central IL too! What range you shooting at for the winter?
Do you know if any indoor leagues in the area, I’m always looking?!?

Darrell Cox

Back to top Go down

Post by vicvan901 12/6/2019, 9:27 pm

I am in Danville. Winter to much for me anymore. However I have begun Glock Shooting Sport Foundation indoor at High Caliber indoor range in Urbana. One of cof calls for 10 rds at 25yds in 15 sec. that is what got me looking for accuracy at 25 i.e. bullseye. I don’t know of any BE around this area.

vicvan901

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrell Cox 12/6/2019, 10:00 pm

I shoot at Highland indoor bullseye, and I heard the indoor range at Terre Haute was going to start a bullseye league. But never heard anything more. I do shoot some bowling pins, but that will encourage trigger jerk so I don’t do much of it. I started out shooting Combat stuff and then went to bullseye. It’s the basics, sight alignment, grip, and trigger control.

Darrell Cox

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 12/7/2019, 10:32 am

If shooting pins encourages "trigger jerk" then you may need to work on your trigger control (for both sports).  As an old pin shooter and current bullseye shooter, I can tell you it takes the  same amount of time and control to complete the trigger process when you have the acceptable sight alignment to shoot pins accurately and FAST as it does to shoot a TF / RF shot in bullseye. Actually excellent training for bullseye, in particular the time and mental aspect of needed to hit a specific area within a time limit or just timed.  The only difference is the level acceptable sight alignment for each.  Learn to see what you need to see to keep your shots in your intended impact area, but the trigger; its the same.  Remember, smooth is fast, fast is a jerk and a jerk is a not welcome anywhere. 

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 12/11/2019, 11:09 am

If you have 25 yards, shoot 25 yards. You can run the USMC book at 50 feet or 25 yards with irons or dot, with 22, CF, or 45. You will need different targets for 50 feet, but that shouldn't be a big issue. 

25 yards is what you shoot in Outdoor matches. If you want to focus on training for 50 foot matches use that.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down