Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good .38 for ISU

4 posters

Go down

Good .38 for ISU Empty Good .38 for ISU

Post by stevenorlando 1/23/2013, 7:37 pm

Hello All!

I am interested in getting a .38 revolver (not .357) for ISU, where I can mount an ultradot. I would like one with target capabilities (smooth trigger, smooth action, target barrel). Can anyone recommend one?

I hear the K38 masterpiece may be what I'm looking for.

Steve

stevenorlando

Back to top Go down

Good .38 for ISU Empty Re: Good .38 for ISU

Post by DeweyHales 1/24/2013, 9:56 am

There are many good Model 14s out there. Can you use optics in ISU?

The options increase dramatically if you use a 357 capable revolver.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 1/25/2013, 8:56 am

Optics are not allowed in International Centerfire Competitions. That being said, the S&W model 14 with 6" barrel works well. Others use centerfire semi-auto pistols, like the S&W model 52.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Good .38 for ISU Empty ISU centerfire

Post by tenx9 2/8/2013, 11:10 am

Due to the lack of matches in my area, I havent shot it in a few years. If they havent changed the course of fire (who knows with the issf). All shooting is at 25yd/mt. Slowfire is shot on the free pistol or 50yd/mt target and the dueling phase is on the 25yd/mtr rapidfire target. Model 14 is excellent, just make sure you get good palm shelf type grips because between cocking the hammer and moving your arm up and down during the dueling phase the gun will shift a bit. You only have 3sec to break a shot. Make sure your gun shoots about an inch or so at 25, because the 10ring for slowfire is pretty small. I started with a revolver with Leslie Bowler international grips, then had a .38 spec Caspian built. I did do much better with the auto. Less things to think about. Raise gun, pull trigger.

tenx9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down