Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside

+7
troystaten
BerryhillAC
Tim:H11
Aprilian
Wes Lorenz
Jon Eulette
kcl31
11 posters

Go down

Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  Empty Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside

Post by kcl31 Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:55 am

Being training with the Hammerli Trailside for a while and noticed several thing I would like to change on it:

1. I’m cross dominate, and really like the Rink grip’s 7 degree option. I found I always have a empty gap between my palm and Trailside’s grip, it’s a little hard to get consistent grip with it. So I used some wood putty to add the Rink style angle, and also found the sand paper like friction tape is very helpful to ensure a secure grip.

Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  D8556c10

Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  5930fa10

Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  0c25fc10

2. The counter weight under barrel seems too front heavy and feels very different than 1911, so I would like to move it’s center of gravity backwards a bit. But I really like the light yellow finish of the original counter weight that comes with the competition version, comparing to the black plastic dummy one, as a result, I made a aluminum copy of the original weight, still looks nice but only weight 45g (original is 145g).

I also want to move micro dot backwards, but found no good solution available (most need to use picatinny adapter on both side, which adds height and weight), so again, I made an adapter from 11mm dovetail to aimpoint interface with offset and try to reduce height as much as possible.

Following are some photos of outcomes.
Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  856bd810
Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  88e7e210
Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  5eba6f10
Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  6ffc4e10

kcl31

Back to top Go down

Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  Empty Re: Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:16 am

Very Nice! Very Nice!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  Empty Re: Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside

Post by Wes Lorenz Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:37 am

Jon Eulette wrote:Very Nice! Very Nice!
Jon
+1 & raise you - Super nice!
Wes

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:42 am

Very impressive! 

I really admire when people figure out what they need to be successful on a particular platform and make that happen.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:17 am

Well done! So many people spend so much money going from one gun to another trying to find the “fix”. Learn your gun. Adjust it so it fits you. Shoot it. Get better at shooting.

I like your optic modification. Very nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by BerryhillAC Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:43 am

Nice job working up what works best for you with your gun.  If you'd like to take the next step with it, I can help.  I make 3d-printed custom target pistol grips.  With one of my grips we can add options for adjustment of both the weight and balance of the pistol and also address the cross-dominant issue.

The Hammerli's native grip is originally designed for ISSF shooting, where the grip width is limited to 50mm.  But NRA Bullseye shooting doesn't have that limitation, so not only can you get a full grip when you've got a cross-dominant issue, but we can also build out a decent palm and thumb shelf that would otherwise not be allowed under ISSF rules.

If you'd like to see some samples of my work, go to PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com.  You can also search this site and TargetTalk for lots of positive reviews of my work.

Thanks for checking it out and let me know if you have any questions.

All best,

Andrew

Precision Target Pistol Grips

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Impressive, especially the aimpoint adaptor.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Very nice! I especially like the Aimpoint mount.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by DHMG1 Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Nice professional looking work. Do you have any plans to offer this mount to the public?

DHMG1

Back to top Go down

Post by kcl31 Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:18 am

Thanks for all your feedbacks. Just finished another session in range this Friday, did 100 shot of 25yd slow fire on each weight and the lighter weight did help me to get 1~2 point higher per 100 score. And the group size also reduced a little bit. I’ll keep practicing with the new weight and mount to see if this is consistent.

kcl31

Back to top Go down

Post by kcl31 Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:19 am

To DHMG1, yes, I can make some small batches if there are more interests. The CNC shops cost is better with volume.

kcl31

Back to top Go down

Post by kcl31 Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:32 am

Two of my best groups yesterday, both from new weight and mount, still need to practice more for sure.
Some Ergonomic Updates on Hammerli Trailside  B988dd10

kcl31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:36 am

Those are both 92's, by my count!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by kcl31 Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:58 pm

Hi
I’ve finally got a small batch of the mount made. I put it on the commercial row here https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t13892-offset-aimpoint-mount-for-11mm-dovetail-fit-xesse-trailside-etc#120778 . Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks

kcl31

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:45 pm

Looking forward to trying one out on my Xesse.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down