Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Standard Type Pistols and Parts

+7
spursnguns
JayhawkNavy02
mikemyers
Larry2520
chopper
Gustavo1957
alaronstein
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

High Standard Type Pistols and Parts Empty High Standard Type Pistols and Parts

Post by alaronstein 1/1/2020, 2:27 pm

I would like to announce that Interarms and OFM Corp have finally completed their moves back into the High Standard Texas Facility. The plant is up and running !!! The core original Gunsmith/Machinists are working in their original positions. These people have been working for High Standard or Interarms for between 20 and 25 years. I trained them to be Machinists and Gunsmiths. Bob Shea schooled them in the FINE Points of Building and Repairing High Standard Pistols of ALL Types. We are NOW able to increase production in the "X-Series" Pistols and Parts. I have noticed a few questions about the longevity on the Company. These Gunsmiths are in their late 30s to middle 40s. The returning Office staff is in the same age range. These workers are ALL brothers and cousins. I expect to have our two 2nd generation workers  return later this year(maybe). I am building the company for them and the loyal High Standard Customers that date back to the 1930s. I plan to work for 3 to 5 more years and then become a consultant to the Company. The Pistols and Parts are made to the Conn High Standard Specifications with a FEW Improvements: 1) Changes in the Magazines 2) NON Cracking frames (and Note that we ARE warranting any HS Frame against cracking that was mfgd between 1993 and 2014 in TX) 3) Barrel Accuracy 4) Teflon Finish on Match Pistols. It should also be noted that we are manufacturing even MORE obsolete parts back to 1932 that are made CORRECTLY!!! - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

High Standard Type Pistols and Parts Empty Re: High Standard Type Pistols and Parts

Post by Gustavo1957 1/1/2020, 3:02 pm

Great news.

I'm very satisfied with the frame replacement on a cracked Victor and the new 10X barrel that you installed. The 2 new Magazines work flawlessly in both this gun and my other 2 107's..  The results with the 10X barrel are tighter groups than the LSP barrel. Getting my S&W 52 functioning as well was an added plus.  Glad you could fit this work in between your busy moves. 

Thank You !!!

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

High Standard Type Pistols and Parts Empty Re: High Standard Type Pistols and Parts

Post by chopper 1/1/2020, 3:32 pm

Alan, are the new X-Series magazines different than the old ones? Did you go with feeding off a ramp instead of the mag lips? I thought the old style work great unless you dropped them and really buggered up the lips.Then all I really had to do was adjust them a little, which isn't difficult, and never needed otherwise. I still like and shoot my E.Hartford Victor and Sharpshooter with a CPC railed barrel, both run great.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry2520 1/1/2020, 8:44 pm

I'd love to know the address and contact info about where to send a pistol for repair. Can you supply that info?

Larry2520

Back to top Go down

Post by alaronstein 1/1/2020, 8:57 pm

The phone number is (713)- 476-0888 and the Address is: 

OFM Corp, 5151 Mitchelldale St, Ste B-14, Houston, TX  77092  

Be sure to REQUIRE Signature on Delivery !!! - Alan

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by alaronstein 1/1/2020, 9:01 pm

I have NOT changed the magazines since 2015. They seem to work GREAT in almost everything !!! The slight geometry and Heat Treat changes really helped. - Alan

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 1/2/2020, 10:01 am

Alan, maybe I'll be taking my own photos eventually, but can you please post a photo of your new gun, or just email it to me and I'll post it for you?  

Take the photo in good, even lighting, on a plain surface (a bedsheet is fine), and take different angles.  There's a lot more to taking good photos, but for now I'm more interested in seeing the gun than a lovely photo.  Check the photos I sent you of the gun I'm getting from Roddy - they clearly show everything on the gun.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by alaronstein 1/2/2020, 4:44 pm

The pictures are posted on www.highstandardfirearmsusa.com - Thanks- Alan

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 1/2/2020, 6:49 pm

Great post!  Glad to hear that High Standard is back in force!  You guys are keeping an absolutely phenomenal platform going.

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 on 1/2/2020, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

High Standard Type Pistols and Parts Empty High Standard 2020

Post by mikemyers 1/2/2020, 8:49 pm

Nice looking gun!High Standard Type Pistols and Parts High-s10
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 1/2/2020, 8:58 pm

Alan, I straightened and sharpened the image, then posted. 

Can you tell us what kind of testing gets done to the new guns as they are nearing completion?  How many rounds are run through the gun and fried, until the smith is confident the gun is ready to ship?

Also, is the top of the barrel tapped for the rail that you had me get for the gun in my avatar?  Does the rail just screw on, as before?  Or is this you only do "on request".  Do any spare parts come with the gun? I assume it comes with two magazines as standard - can people order additional magazines, and have them tested on the gun before the package is shipped? Are there any other "support parts" you recommend people order along with the gun?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 1/3/2020, 9:41 am

mikemyers jonesing for a new pistol?

Very Happy

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 1/3/2020, 10:09 am

Not sure what "jonesing" is or means, but I called Alan about buying one before I ever left for India.  He's already done many things to help me.  I would do anything he needs to help him.  If you mean do I want a special price, nope.  He already told me the price back in early October.  This would be in addition to the Victor I bought from Roddy, which I won't receive until I get home.  I guess I'll soon have triplets.   :-)

I'm probably slow....    what is "jonesing"??
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 1/3/2020, 10:15 am

Looked it up:

"If a person has an insatiable craving for someone or something, they are said to be jonesing for it."

I've written enough here, that you can tell me.  I never thought of it that way.  I decided I wanted one before October.  Roddy's gun is icing on the cake.

Maybe I'll catch up with Len?             ............nope!!!!!!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 1/3/2020, 11:04 am

I take it nobody from the forum has actually ordered and received one yet?  I guess I'm willing to be the first, but I was hoping to read some feedback first, or at least to hear from Alan that yes, the guns have been tested at the range for one or two hundred rounds of CCI SV, and there were no issues.  I'm already sure it will be accurate.  It's reliability that I'm concerned about, as in no alibi's, match after match, and in practice.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/3/2020, 11:19 am

I want to see one with a mounted dot first
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 1/3/2020, 11:47 pm

Let's put the chatter about Anne Margaret and Jonesing in its own thread folks.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmitch996 1/5/2020, 5:03 pm

Probably no one  has had much of a chance to shoot many matches with the new X-Series pistols yet. Mine has a serial number ending in 021 received in early Dec. 2019.

So far so good with mine, we'll see how it goes in upcoming matches for reliability.

Bmitch996

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 1/5/2020, 5:46 pm

Be sure to post! Looking forward to great news!
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 1/5/2020, 8:14 pm

Thanks!  Did you put a sight on it?  Can you post a photo here?  

I second what JayhawkNavy02 just wrote!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/5/2020, 8:30 pm

mikemyers wrote:Thanks!  Did you put a sight on it?  Can you post a photo here?  

I second what JayhawkNavy02 just wrote!
I'm waiting for a photo also!!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

High Standard Type Pistols and Parts Empty Photos of new HS from OFM. Huston, Texas . Mounted a MatchDot.

Post by Gustavo1957 1/5/2020, 9:19 pm

Added photos
Attachments
High Standard Type Pistols and Parts Attachment
IMG_2032.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(80 Kb) Downloaded 17 times
IMG_2034.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(90 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
IMG_2035.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(86 Kb) Downloaded 12 times
IMG_2037.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(84 Kb) Downloaded 8 times

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/6/2020, 4:58 am

Thanks!
Is that supplied by the new company? Or aftermarket?
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 1/6/2020, 5:17 am

I purchased with gun. Gun comes with 2 mags.

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmitch996 1/6/2020, 9:08 pm

High Standard Type Pistols and Parts Img_0910mount supplied with pistol
High Standard Type Pistols and Parts Img_1010Al Marvel mount
High Standard Type Pistols and Parts Img_1210sight rail and bbl weight I had.

Bmitch996

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next