Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with replacement of Ed Brown front sight

3 posters

Go down

Help with replacement of Ed Brown front sight Empty Help with replacement of Ed Brown front sight

Post by Cazmont 1/4/2020, 4:01 pm

30 years ago I ok'd the installment of an Ed Brown front sight on my NM Gold Cup and now the consequences of that ill considered decision are biting my butt.
I need a taller, wider sight to match the rear sight that has replaced the Bo Mar (another bad decision though this one  made by the previous owner, bless his or her heart) rear sight.
Ed Brown informed me they stopped making this sight style 15 years ago and tough luck for me.
Anyone know of a source for a replacement? Mill it level to the rib and try to stake it? Get a rail and an ultradot?
Attachments
Help with replacement of Ed Brown front sight Attachment
FAFF138C-7039-4649-ADA2-23C90B649C4D.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(76 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
Help with replacement of Ed Brown front sight Attachment
330C7769-E286-4712-BC62-53126E9341F0.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(83 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Cazmont
Cazmont

Back to top Go down

Help with replacement of Ed Brown front sight Empty Re: Help with replacement of Ed Brown front sight

Post by DA/SA 1/4/2020, 4:15 pm

A little careful TIG welding and grinding should do it.

Or silver solder a new blade to the base after removing the current blade.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Help with replacement of Ed Brown front sight Empty Re: Help with replacement of Ed Brown front sight

Post by Jon Eulette 1/4/2020, 4:37 pm

I’ve had front sights laser micro welded and I milled them afterwards. Piece of cake! Don’t fret!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazmont 1/4/2020, 4:57 pm

Sounds like good advice. I'll check with a local ‘smith.
Cazmont
Cazmont

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down