Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSP .32 questions

+4
gregbenner
fc60
NuJudge
lablover
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GSP .32 questions  - Page 2 Empty GSP .32 questions

Post by lablover 1/9/2020, 12:17 am

First topic message reminder :

GSP expert .32 Smith & Wesson long wadcutter

Is she a capable contender and 50 yards?  Seems reloading can be a challenge as well especially with a Dillon 650.

Obviously only wad cutter Bullets.  Those shooting this any load recommendations? Brass , powder etc.

In the research stage .  Not interested in buying new barrels for a new gun.  marksman right now so keep that in mind.  Shot one the other day and really enjoyed it

Edit:  earls dot rail or champions choice rail?  Not sure what or if there is any difference 

Thanks all

Last edited by lablover on 1/9/2020, 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

GSP .32 questions  - Page 2 Empty Re: GSP .32 questions

Post by fc60 1/10/2020, 2:34 am

lablover wrote:Before I say this be advised I have not read every single post on the BE forum yet on this topic.

Why couldn’t a cast mold be made for the correct diameter bullet?  I’m assuming cast Bullets are not favored.

My Nephew own a machine shop and see no reason he could make dies, or whatever a  Be shooter could need for .32 I just don’t know enough about .32 yet to know what to ask for
Greetings,

If you cast your own bullets, great. RCBS makes a very nice mould for the 32 S&W Long. I believe it is the 32-98-WC. I have one and it produces nice round bullets.

Experiment with the alloy to see which fouls the barrel least. Some popular choices are 20:1 Lead:Tin and Linotype.

Size the bullets the same as the "as cast" diameter. That is, if the bullet falls out of the mould at 0.315" use a 0.315" greaser die to apply the grease and gently true the bullet up.

The concern with cast bullets is uniformity. If you cast your own, quality control is YOU. The best way to check cast bullets is to measure them with a good micrometer. This will reveal any that are oversize (mould did not close fully) or undersize (mould did not fill out properly). It also shows if the alignment pins are doing a good job and the bullet actually measures round (within 0.0005").

A lot of work, yes. The benefits are accurate bullets that go where you call them.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Fezzik68 1/10/2020, 3:00 am

Thanks, I will swap out the crimp die this weekend.

Fezzik68

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 1/10/2020, 3:02 am

fc60 wrote:
lablover wrote:Before I say this be advised I have not read every single post on the BE forum yet on this topic.

Why couldn’t a cast mold be made for the correct diameter bullet?  I’m assuming cast Bullets are not favored.

My Nephew own a machine shop and see no reason he could make dies, or whatever a  Be shooter could need for .32 I just don’t know enough about .32 yet to know what to ask for
Greetings,

If you cast your own bullets, great. RCBS makes a very nice mould for the 32 S&W Long. I believe it is the 32-98-WC. I have one and it produces nice round bullets.

Experiment with the alloy to see which fouls the barrel least. Some popular choices are 20:1 Lead:Tin and Linotype.

Size the bullets the same as the "as cast" diameter. That is, if the bullet falls out of the mould at 0.315" use a 0.315" greaser die to apply the grease and gently true the bullet up.

The concern with cast bullets is uniformity. If you cast your own, quality control is YOU. The best way to check cast bullets is to measure them with a good micrometer. This will reveal any that are oversize (mould did not close fully) or undersize (mould did not fill out properly). It also shows if the alignment pins are doing a good job and the bullet actually measures round (within 0.0005").

A lot of work, yes. The benefits are accurate bullets that go where you call them.

Cheers,

Dave
That is very good news!

Btw, pm on the way

Thank you so much
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down