Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini GT45 question

+2
JKR
SonOfSwede
6 posters

Go down

Pardini GT45 question Empty Pardini GT45 question

Post by SonOfSwede 1/15/2020, 6:28 am

I have become interested in a Pardini GT45.  But, I have never seen one in person.  So I am wondering if there are any disadvantages to using a Pardini GT45 for bullseye as compared to a 1911.

SonOfSwede

Back to top Go down

Pardini GT45 question Empty Re: Pardini GT45 question

Post by JKR 1/15/2020, 6:33 am

If you have hands the size of the Swedes I used to work with, the GT 45 will probably be perfect for you!

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 1/15/2020, 6:48 am

JKR wrote:If you have hands the size of the Swedes I used to work with, the GT 45 will probably be perfect for you!
+1 The reason being the GT45 is a double stack magazine and since we shoot one handed, larger hands help.  I wear size L gloves and my GT45 was still a little too large for me.  When I had mine, mags were $90 each and not a lot of choices in recoil spring poundage.  Accurate, user adjustable trigger and easy take down are the advantages.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 1/15/2020, 6:50 am

Hey SonOfSwede,

I shoot the 6" GT45-II. No downsides I can see Functionally - it's very easy to field strip & clean, adjust, shoot & feel confident with (especially with the right size rink grip).

Mine will not chamber factory FMJ and occasionally has issues feeding Zero 185gr SWC reloads from Roze. Never had an issue with Zero 185 JHP or Nosler. The gentleman I bought it from said he had tweaked the magazine feeding lips a bit to increase feeding reliability with the JHP in mind. The slide glides like it's on ice and the chromium/7075 finish & porting please my eye too. I have a rheumatism and the felt recoil/agitation also is very low. The very large beaver tail behind the hammer is very comfortable and adds another layer of control to the grip.

The problems are standard boutique issues, i.e. the parts aren't up on Amazon.com. Most of what you could want to do with the pistol can and has been done... but it'll take extra time & money to get the parts or services. When you buy the gun Pardini USA can for example add a full-length Pardini rail and bed a matchdot II to Pardini rings and include Rink grips etc, but it's not free and might take a while. If I ever have to send it in for service I'd want to buy another 45acp Bullseye gun first to be safe Very Happy

I view guns as collectibles as much as competition tools and for me, the Pardini is exactly what I was looking for. There may be cheaper ways to get an equally accurate 45acp but it'll be hard to get one that's so pretty too.

Also my hands are Medium in Rink grip size and the pistol fits my hand perfectly. It's a big gun but kidding aside you don't have to be a pro sports player to grip one. It's a double-stack 45acp.
(5'9" 160lbs for reference)
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 1/15/2020, 6:58 am

I like mine quite a lot. It is joy2shoots old side iron! 

I would not purchase one without handling it though.  You will either like the grip or not.  I knew it was for me within five seconds of handling my first one.  Others have said they don’t like the grip in that same timeframe.

EVERYONE loves that trigger though.

Nice pistol that is well fitted, which is more than I can say for most production 1911s.

I own some very high grade, gunsmithed to the teeth target 1911s.  I like them too.

Not too bad to own the pistol equivalent of a few Corvettes and a Ferrari.   Smile You are allowed to like them both!
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/16/2020, 8:44 am

SonofSwede,

Good luck with the GB auction. I took it past my limit, over to you. The 5" gun from same seller also went past my limit. Probably too big for my hand, but they do look pretty!

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 1/16/2020, 10:25 am

SingleActionAndrew wrote:

Also my hands are Medium in Rink grip size and the pistol fits my hand perfectly. It's a big gun but kidding aside you don't have to be a pro sports player to grip one. It's a double-stack 45acp.
(5'9" 160lbs for reference)
Crap, now I want one Shocked .  I also use a medium size Rink grip. Was never interested in the GT 45 due to the devil stack/size issue.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 1/17/2020, 4:55 pm

Did you guys buy your Pardinis yet or are we just talking? Wink
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfSwede 1/17/2020, 7:43 pm

As they say, I pulled the trigger on GB.  The gun is paid for and has tracking number.

But, I will be glad to keep talking.

SonOfSwede

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 1/17/2020, 8:38 pm

SonOfSwede wrote:As they say, I pulled the trigger on GB.  The gun is paid for and has tracking number.

But, I will be glad to keep talking.
Congratulations!!

In this sport, we are always talking Very Happy
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down