Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA election.

+3
Allen Barnett
james r chapman
Mike38
7 posters

Go down

NRA election. Empty NRA election.

Post by Mike38 1/21/2020, 5:21 pm

Is there a quick way to tell if a person on the ballot is a current board member or a new comer? I have intentions of voting only for new faces.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

NRA election. Empty Re: NRA election.

Post by james r chapman 1/21/2020, 5:44 pm

Change needs to be higher up in the organization
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 1/21/2020, 7:07 pm

Yes there used to be information about each board member about their tenure and the meetings they attended and missed.  I just don't remember where it is hopefully someone else knows and will chime in.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 1/22/2020, 6:29 am

james r chapman wrote:Change needs to be higher up in the organization

True, but the corruption was allowed to be put in place by the "yes men" at the regular board level. Those guys are just as guilty. Lapierre didn't get this done without help, or without a yes man at the lower level.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot 1/22/2020, 8:12 am

Mike 38:

You and others who may have an emotional reaction to vote only "new faces" as Directors may do us all a disservice.

As only one example: Ted Carter, Commander, U.S. Navy (retired) who has served as a Director for the last eleven years.

I have known Ted for a decade and he is universally respected as an aggressive, outspoken and effective rep for our 2nd Amendment rights and the shooting sports. Ted and wife, Sue, are longtime BE competitors, Match Directors and prime movers in other worthy efforts such as "The Well Armed Woman." As they say: "Don't throw out the baby with the bath water!"

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 1/22/2020, 9:11 am

Well said Russel.  Ted is probably the only BE associated member on  the board and is an outstanding nominee. He was placed on the list by petition of his fellow shooters..

The list of current directors is on page 72 of the american rifleman (Feb issue)
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 1/22/2020, 9:16 am

+1 for Ted! Outstanding guy even if he is a Squid!

Last edited by James Hensler on 1/22/2020, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 1/22/2020, 12:14 pm

Mike38 wrote:Is there a quick way to tell if a person on the ballot is a current board member or a new comer? I have intentions of voting only for new faces.

I appreciate the kind words by my fellow Bullseye shooters.  Thank you!!

For Mike38: If you "pm" me, I can give you names of first time nominees for election.  However, you are on this forum, and that tells me you have a solid interest/connection to Precision Pistol and competitive shooting and want it to continue.  I strongly recommend you and everyone else read the bios...yup it will take a few minutes.  As you read about individuals, note the name of the individuals that represent your interests.  I'd also add, note the individuals who were nominated by petition of the members.  At the end, look at the names you've recorded.  To get the most impact from your vote, reduce the list down to 5 or less names then cast your vote.  You are welcome to contact me if you have questions.

Thanks,

Ted

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 1/22/2020, 5:03 pm

Thank you for the reply Mr. Carter. You may get a PM from me with in the week. 

On a side note. Back about 15 years ago the AMA - American Motorcyclist Association, went through nearly the same thing the NRA is going through now. The AMA still exists, but is a shell of it's former self. It got so bad, that I started the process of becoming a candidate for the board of directors. In my region, I would have been going up against a well respected gentleman, a well known mechanic in the professional racing field that knew Harley Davidson XR750 flattrack race bikes better than he probably knew his own wife. But I was bound and determined to put a stop to the corruption in the AMA, by breaking up the "Good Old Boys Club" that the AMA BOD had become. I got the required signatures on a petition to be placed on the ballot. They dug through and found lame reasons for the petition to be invalid. So I had to acquire another petition with 5 times as many signatures to be again placed on the ballot, as some sort of second chance. Three days before the election ballots were to be mailed, I got an email from the AMA President telling me I would not be on the ballot. The reason? The existing board members didn't think I'd be a good fit. It matters not if you have the signatures to be on the ballot, all that matters if is the board thinks you'll be a good little yes man. 

From my outsider vantage point, I'm seeing the same thing going on in the NRA, and I'm not liking what I see. I'd run for the NRA Board, but don't want to waste my time and money just to be cut off at the knees like done by the AMA. That, and my health is not the best, and it wouldn't be fair to become a board member, only to have to resign shortly after because of health reasons.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down