Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virgin here

+4
-TT-
CR10X
CrankyThunder
Ironarmknives
8 posters

Go down

Virgin here  Empty Virgin here

Post by Ironarmknives 2/1/2020, 5:39 am

Hey everybody my name is Clint and I’m new to this site ,got into it because of reading about bull’s-eye shooting but only want to do the 22 part of shooting
Ex -army medic been around guns all my life and my favorite gun of all is the Ruger 10/22 ,
lol
Bought me a Browning Buck Mark 1989 for $100 cleaned it “ I don’t think it was ever cleaned “ replace the buffer and spring
put a 7 inch barrel on it flipped sear spring ready to do target shooting ,.
Looking to trade a 686 Smith and Wesson for a model 41 As soon as that happens
But this buckmark is better than me right now . Lol Lost a lot of shooting ability living in California not shooting going to start all over with the fundamentals and just shoot 22’s
Because I’m 59 years old I can’t see the stupid red dot well I can see 4 or five of them , so I am looking for a Burris 1x put it on buckmark until the 41 comes along
Any help finding one would be kindly appreciate it , just moved to Idaho bought 20 acres and now I get to shoot every day write out my back door So I’m going to make up for the last 20 years and shoot thousands and thousands of 22 rounds and smile the whole time ,
I did buy a micro 4 inch field target suppressor ready Limited addition ,Man what a nice little gun , I know this opens up a canna worms had a Mark III this is twice the gun lol just my opinion . Anyways thanks everybody for the great reading i’ve learned a lot so far . Maybe not how to punctuate and put the periods in the right spot but I have learned a lot Lol

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Virgin here  Empty Re: Virgin here

Post by CrankyThunder 2/1/2020, 6:13 am

Good Morning Iron!  Welcome to the frustrating world of bullseye shooting.  

Where did ya say you were from anyways, got lots of people here and most all of them would be happy to guide to you matches close by.  

Hope your day goes well and have a good one!

Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives 2/1/2020, 6:16 am

Spirit lake , Idaho

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 2/1/2020, 8:37 am

Welcome!  Shooting the .22 is just fine.  Hope you have fun!

If I may, I know this sounds strange, but if you want to shoot some bullseye or even just some outdoor time with pistols here is my best advise to start, and it ain't got nothing to do with pistols. 

If you are seeing multiple dots, even a Burris 1X may not help much.  (I'll check, I may have a 1X or 2X laying around somewhere.)  Maybe your first stop should be an ophthalmologist or optometrist that understands shooting (pistol) or you can explain what you need.  Someone on this list can probably recommend one in our area. 

Without being able to see the sights or dot clearly (front sight or dot), there is the possibility that this will be a detriment to your enjoyment (if getting better or even just hitting anything is your goal).  And I say this because I don't want anyone with your enthusiasm to be disappointed or frustrated with this sport!  Believe me, you will be able to tell the difference in your shooting with excellent vision versus just "OK" vision.

Cecil Rhodes

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 2/1/2020, 11:26 am

No two red dots appear quite the same to each eye. If you have a big-box store with plenty in stock, I suggest going in and looking at every one that has a battery, and even asking if they'd power up the ones that don't. It's quite surprising, actually. But I do recommend a good ophthalmologist for advice, if you have one.

That Buckmark will take you a long ways. Don't sell it short.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives 2/1/2020, 1:33 pm

Lol I can see the dot . Just not clear enough for me to feel comfortable someone’s got a kick all these young kids butts with red dots old school Burris 1x
I have a trijicon rm07 I used on the sig 229
Then sold it too big for my hands
Got a sig P365xl with there romeozero reflex
It’s better than the trijicon for me to see ,
I am an archery shooter and read a book about becoming the arrow and I took that philosophy towards shooting started training never aimed started out at 5 Feet worked my way out can hit just about anything at 50 yards 12 x 12 so red dot works for that ,also I have a fastfire 3 for one barrel on the Kidd 10/22
I took the Romeo off of my carry gun and don’t use it anymore I don’t need it Sold the trijicon kept the fast fire they all look the same to me
I don’t have a problem looking through a scope Even my beautiful pistol scope that’s too big for pistols . Lol
So I’ll do just fine with the 2x Burris
i’m kind of old school and I would like a Burris 1x , 2x Gil h. To go on my 89 buckmark ,The only thing I’m worried about now is people talking about the one power not as good as the two power
So please anybody have one maybe I can afford one ,I would love it and I am going to enjoy the buck mark

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 2/1/2020, 3:09 pm

Well, how big of a scope can you put on a buckmark? Just for fun I had to find out. I did this a couple of years ago. like I said. Just for fun.

Virgin here  Dscf1011

There are a lot of goodies out there for the original frame Buckmarks. Nill grips and Sightron S30 scope.
 Virgin here  20190335
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 2/1/2020, 5:53 pm

Can you see houses or trees or mountains in the distance clearly? If so your eyes should focus on the red dot, but if your dot is distorted, maybe you just have astigmatism. If so, your eye doctor can give you prescription glasses to fix it.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Walloch 2/1/2020, 6:22 pm

Coeur d Alene Rifle and Pistol Club is close to you.  Their 50 foot match goes all winter, and is a lot of fun.  You may want to check it out.  They have a dedicated Bullseye range and 2700 matches as well.

Greg Walloch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives 2/1/2020, 7:16 pm

Yes my brother-in-law is a board member there I think I do plan on doing that As soon as I get a few more pieces together also one in sandpoint
It’s OK I don’t like red dots that much anyways only did them because everybody else did
But on my carry gun I refuse to because I don’t have time to put on my little glasses or to find a dot somewhere just train yourself to be the dot
I forgot the last time I looked at my sights shooting
Now I know it’s a new ball game and I’m ready to play I’m gonna bring my toys and we’ll see or not lol
I just think it would be a real cool feeling to kick their butt with a scope when they’re all using their little red dots

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 2/1/2020, 9:12 pm

I shot a 300 NMC with one of these mounted on my old 41.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-Magnum-Phantom-Pistol-Scope-1-3X-Fine-Crosshair-Reticle-8-Long/174161149230?hash=item288cd03d2e:g:ga0AAOSwLl5eI8T9
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives 2/2/2020, 11:14 am

I believe I have my hands on Burris 1x
Thanks to one of the great members here I believe
We’ll give it a shot
Also going to try to find some flip-down for my glasses
See how long I can run iron sights and this burris
I like the looks of the ultra dot 2 or the Aimpoint 9000 on a gun I’m sure before I know it I’ll have an ultra dot 2 and Aimpoint 9000sc and s s&w m41
I have a Smith and Wesson 686 Performance Center pro series 357 4” I’m trying to sell to buy a Smith and Wesson model 41 just to have it so i’m sure I will be gun poor as soon as possible lol
It will be fun

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by 45ACP223 2/3/2020, 4:45 pm

I shot my first Master score in .22 using a Buckmark Target model back in the early '90's, I think I paid $125 for it at a local gun show back then.   They are a great gun to learn on.  Lightweight, halfway decent trigger, very accurate barrels.   We used to have a few guys who used optical 1x scopes so it can be done!
45ACP223
45ACP223

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives 2/10/2020, 2:30 pm

Just got my Burris 1x Gil Hebert from Lee Williams
A great member here very nice scope very nice shape perfectly brand new box everything nice stuff exactly as he said
And it fits perfect on my buckmark and I can see it that Beautiful black dot find crosshairs good scope just wanted to give a shout out to everybody Lee’s good guy

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum