Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone using my NRA #

+2
james r chapman
Virgil Kane
6 posters

Go down

Someone using my NRA # Empty Someone using my NRA #

Post by Virgil Kane 2/4/2020, 2:20 pm

Out of curiosity I was looking at my competition activity on the NRA site today and low and behold there are several 1800 and 2700 matches recorded that I never shot in.  Some of these are 400+ miles from my house so I think I would know if I was mistaken.
Does it really make any difference?  I'm a SS so I guess if the guy was shooting HM scores I could just grin and bare it (just kidding) but whom ever this is has been dragging my classification down

What to do ?????

Has this happened to anybody else here?

Who to contact to get this straightened out?

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Someone using my NRA # Empty Re: Someone using my NRA #

Post by james r chapman 2/4/2020, 2:46 pm

NRA complaint Desk.

While your at it, ask about missing sectional results and DR listing updates, and pins and how’s Atterbury coming!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane 2/4/2020, 2:51 pm

james r chapman wrote:NRA complaint Desk.

While your at it, ask about missing sectional results and DR listing updates, and pins and how’s Atterbury coming!

That's going to cost you James.  Last time I saw you was 2 years ago at Camp Perry bunking across from me and you were eating cherries and didn't offer any.
You want me to do your dirty work without any cherries?
  Someone using my NRA # 2309170423

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 2/4/2020, 3:06 pm

james r chapman wrote:NRA complaint Desk.

obsession noun
ob·​ses·​sion | \ äb-ˈse-shən  , əb- \
1: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 2/4/2020, 3:08 pm

Well, I’m persistent.

Embarassed
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 2/4/2020, 3:10 pm

It may be better if you used preserves  instead of persistence.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotwang 2/4/2020, 3:29 pm

The most direct route is to contact the match director with your full name and number and ask who used your number.  It could be an error by the match director, the competitor, or the NRA data entry.  If there's a copy of the results online you're well on your way to getting it fixed.

But I think the correction process starts with the match director contacting the nra.

Rotwang

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane 2/4/2020, 4:49 pm

I would think that whoever this is has to know both my name and number.  I'm thinking in that case the match director would have know that person to realize it's not me and if he let someone he knew use the wrong name and number then would he be in cahoots with the person using it? I didn't check my competitions shot on that site for several years and this has happened over a 3 year period.
I'll try contacting the NRA and see if they can straighten things out.  I would have no idea who the match director would have been, they only list the city/town where it was shot.

Thanks guys.
Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotwang 2/4/2020, 4:58 pm

Reports and data entry work with numbers, not  names.  If somebody writes down the wrong number by intention or accident then it's probably going in and being entered wrong.  And no one may be checking to be sure that the entered number matches a name at any step of the process.

Rotwang

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane 2/4/2020, 5:00 pm

Rotwang wrote:Reports and data entry work with numbers, not  names.  If somebody writes down the wrong number by intention or accident then it's probably going in and being entered wrong.  And no one may be checking to be sure that the entered number matches a name at any step of the process.

Gotcha, thanks.

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 2/4/2020, 6:26 pm

Virgil Kane wrote:Out of curiosity I was looking at my competition activity on the NRA site today and low and behold there are several 1800 and 2700 matches recorded that I never shot in.  Some of these are 400+ miles from my house so I think I would know if I was mistaken.
Does it really make any difference?  I'm a SS so I guess if the guy was shooting HM scores I could just grin and bare it (just kidding) but whom ever this is has been dragging my classification down

What to do ?????

Has this happened to anybody else here?

Virgil

Maybe the scores you didn't shoot are mine? LOL. I haven't had an entry by the NRA in 8 months, although I've shot matches. I think 5 matches have yet to be entered. 

Ok, seriously, is anyone else 8 months behind like mine are? I can see 3 or 4 months behind, but not 8.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum