Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are the competitions? Used to be in SSUSA.

+2
REConley
bruce martindale
6 posters

Go down

Where are the competitions? Used to be in SSUSA. Empty Where are the competitions? Used to be in SSUSA.

Post by bruce martindale 2/6/2020, 10:26 am

The American Rifleman used to have the competitions listed, then it went to a newspaper, then to a glossy mag insert, then to online magazine only, and now it seems to be nowhere to be found. NRA website doesn't have much.

I am looking for upcoming Light Rifle Sectional as well as the pistol matches.

Thanks all

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Where are the competitions? Used to be in SSUSA. Empty Re: Where are the competitions? Used to be in SSUSA.

Post by REConley 2/6/2020, 11:11 am

https://competitions.nra.org/

Try the above.

This is all I have found and while there is a calendar of events it is only the current month and Feb has zero.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Where are the competitions? Used to be in SSUSA. Empty Re: Where are the competitions? Used to be in SSUSA.

Post by Olde Pilot 2/6/2020, 11:33 am

Try  https://www.ssusa.org/coming-events which is at end of each issue of Shooting Sports USA magazine. No cost online.

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 2/6/2020, 1:00 pm

The NRA websites LOOK good. But it's a sadly manually updated affair.
A PDF is an awful way to put information on the web.
Should be a database that anyone could query and include on their site.

The "Error! Bookmark not defined." entries in the PDF show that everything is being maintained and managed in MSWord. Ugh.

Amongst many problems, no easy way to see what's added from one month to the next.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 2/14/2020, 7:05 pm

Remember the promises we were made about the mags(?)Wasn't it $1.00 added to NRA match fees at first?  NRA promised "no more charges". The old memory is getting weaker but somewhere along the line the mag was changed again, maybe the glossy pub Bruce refers to? NRA promised it w/b a "competitors only" pub. and charged $15 for 3 yrs. (Required to purchase 3 yrs ?) Memory??

At times  I have mentioned info from a longtime NRA Perry employee.  "Harold" said NRA told them NOT to help CMP. Employees on the ground tried to counteract that in the interest of match operation and competitors.

Now PP shooters are being made promises re. Atterbury?

"Harold" worked the 1st yr at Atterbury. His experiences do not match NRA publicity.

Certainly Camp A can work out but NRA needs to put a lot more effort into  "PP" in general. Live up to their promises, large and small! There needs to be a major effort in the promotion of our sport. Meanwhile CMP holds Perry and all that history.

Will they allow The Championships to become a 2 handed almost and any gun, equipment, modification, or technique allowed?

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper 2/15/2020, 11:48 pm

"Will they allow The Championships to become a 2 handed almost and any gun, equipment, modification, or technique allowed?"
 I hope not Ron, I like it the way it is now. Looking at it from a different view point, maybe there could be a match for the 2 handed shooters not included with Bullseye Precision Matches. It would require too much time during a 2700 with leg matches to be shot all together. I guess the bright side would be some of those shooting 2 handed would come over to regular 2700s. I know the NRA rules allow some sort of 2 handed participation temporarily. 
 I guess I'm a "romantic" about our sport, who likes the way it is when I started not long ago. I used to shoot 2 handed and when I joined my first Bullseye Postal League, I asked an old expert if he had any tips on shooting with one hand. The old boy said "aim for the center", and I've been doing that ever since. What a challenge it's been, I love shooting Bullseye and now air pistol also.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down