Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic review.

3 posters

Go down

The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic  review. Empty The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic review.

Post by smsnyder 2/9/2020, 10:41 am

Bought this Volquarsten Black Mumba target 6 inch model to shoot steel but because of the design it doubles as a good bullseye pistol. It also comes in a 4 1/2 inch barrel. For you old guys like me who find your pistol to heavy and need better optics to see the dot this is your answer. Volquarsten took the Ruger Mark IV 22/45 pistol and made it better. Super easy to take down and clean. The Pistol is extremely light, has a 2 1/2 pound trigger pull, custom barrel, muzzle brake , special bolt etc. I shot over 1000 rounds with this pistol and not one failure to feed or eject the spent cases. It's a joy to shoot. I put a C More Railway red dot on it with a 6 moa dot. This sight has very large window and its very easy to pick up the dot. You can buy extra red dot module from 2 moa to 16 moa for this sight and its easy to install.  Adjusting elevation and windage is a breeze.  I shoot the pistol at 50 feet and found the 6 MOA red dot easy to center on the bullseye target. With a smaller moa dot I was bouncing all over the place. With the 6 MOA dot I was able to center the dot on the bullseye target much easier with black all around the red dot at 50 feet. Here is a picture of the pistol and my first 10 shoot group I shot at 50 feet. No its not a Pardini like I shoot but a very nice accurate pistol.

Last edited by smsnyder on 2/9/2020, 11:04 am; edited 7 times in total

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic  review. Empty Re: The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic review.

Post by smsnyder 2/9/2020, 10:42 am

The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic  review. 20200210

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic  review. Empty Re: The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic review.

Post by smsnyder 2/9/2020, 10:43 am

The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic  review. 20200213

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder 2/9/2020, 10:44 am

The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic  review. 20200214

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere 2/9/2020, 11:45 am

Nice!

Do the safety levers get in your way?
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder 2/9/2020, 11:49 am

No Also there is a very clear view of the red dot window. Nothing in the way. it is one of the smoothest 22 I have shot.

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder 2/9/2020, 12:09 pm

The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic  review. 20200215The Amazing Volquarsten Pistol and optic  review. 20200215

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by mhayford45 2/14/2020, 2:00 pm

I received my Scorpion target model last week. Ordered it without compensator and ring, so it has a standard muzzle. So far I really like the fit, finish and function of the gun. Very high quality. 

I have tested it at 25 yards from a sand bag with SK Pistol Match. It opens a single ragged hole.
With SK Pistol Match i had to install the light black recoil spring included and the few alibis disappeared.   
When it warms up in Michigan I will test at 50 yards. I expect this to be X ring based on 25 yards. 

The trigger required a little work to be considered BE quality. I stoned the sear and hammer hook. I found both to be a little rough. After a mirror finish and a few other small rounding cuts of sharp edges the trigger is every bit as good as my Pardini. 

All I need now is a great grip on it. I tried the Hogue G10s extreme but they are too thin. I find the front strap indentation and the front to back length to not fill my hand enough. The Volquartsen wood target grip did not fit my hand well causing stability issues with my hold. I order a Hogue Mono grip from Volquartsen and hope they work. 

However, I am open to suggestions on other grip options. I have reached out to Dick Horten to see what he can make for me.

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder 2/14/2020, 4:50 pm

Love.my volquartsen black Mumbai. Not one issue. Put a cmore railway 6moa dot on it. Perfect

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down