Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISSF 25M Pistol Course of Fire

+8
Colt711
JKR
Jon Eulette
john bickar
Wobbley
MarkF45
Mike38
Slartybartfast
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ISSF 25M Pistol Course of Fire - Page 2 Empty ISSF 25M Pistol Course of Fire

Post by Slartybartfast 2/14/2020, 9:23 am

First topic message reminder :

A center-fire match consists of two parts of 30 shots each, both shot at 25 m:
A precision stage where 5 shots are to be fired during a 5-minute period.
A rapid-fire stage where, for each shot, the shooter has 3 seconds to raise his arm from a 45 degree angle and fire.
As with all ISSF pistol disciplines, all firing must be done with one hand, unsupported.

The score zones of the targets are different for the two stages, but scores are usually similar for the two courses. In the precision stage, the target is the same as in 50 metre pistol (although at half the distance), with a 10-zone of 5 cm diameter, and in the rapid-fire stage, the target is the same as in 25 metre rapid fire pistol, with a 10-zone of 10 cm diameter.

I've shot this course of fire a couple of times in matches. And did quite well once with a borrowed Hammerli in .32
The 7sec pause, 3 sec to shoot rhythm of the rapid-fire stage with return to 45deg and not putting the pistol down was challenging.

Is this course of fire shot by many in the US? Or is it only shot perhaps by people who've joined USAShooting? When do they have their matches?
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

ISSF 25M Pistol Course of Fire - Page 2 Empty Re: ISSF 25M Pistol Course of Fire

Post by Slartybartfast 2/17/2020, 1:03 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:

There was a lot of animosity between the NRA and USAS back then. Anyhow my point is two governing body’s with their own ideals.
Jon
Worst problem with most activities with multiple organisations. Too many egos not wanting to give the slightest area of responsibility to others.

It would be in participants best interests to be able to progress to wider competition.

It's easy to say "Those Rules" plus allow jacketed. It's how some shoot ISSF disciplines here. But it hurts the egos of people who want to be seen as in charge.

Only a guess, but I think the limit to lead only is that ISSF rules also require the use of electronic targets (SIUS only).
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

ISSF 25M Pistol Course of Fire - Page 2 Empty Re: ISSF 25M Pistol Course of Fire

Post by Ed Hall 2/17/2020, 1:39 pm

radjag wrote:One other interesting point I noted in the ISSF Rules is that only lead bullets are permitted (in all categories including 25m CF). So all of us Pardini HP32 owners using factory (or reloaded) 32ACP with Hornady JHP's are Sh... Out Of Luck!!

I guess that most of the 32ACP target guns have been made to suit the USA Bullseye market and all of the CF guns in Europe are using 32SWL lead wadcutters.
Yeah, the lead only became an issue when I moved from my revolver to a Beretta 92FS for my International Center Fire matches.  I ended up needing to get lead bullets and load my own ammo.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike M. 2/18/2020, 8:51 pm

Slartybartfast wrote:If I understand correctly, the NRA used to be the IOC recognised organisation for the USA. The NRA's political activities made them ineligible to be an Olympic IOC/ISSF recognised organisation and USA Shooting was created.
It wasn't political activities.  There were serious allegations that the Olympic shooting team was being used mostly as a fundraising stalking horse, with the money going anywhere BUT the Olympic or International disciplines.  Things got very ugly in the 1988-1993 timeframe, I was surprised it didn't become a major scandal.

The sad part is that the ISSF disciplines have a lot to recommend them.  Mostly rimfire, so you spend time shooting instead of reloading.  And for Air, Rapid, and Sport Pistol, it's a direct path to the Olympic Games.

Mike M.

Back to top Go down

ISSF 25M Pistol Course of Fire - Page 2 Empty Streator IL. International pistol 2019/20 season schedule

Post by lalka686 2/25/2020, 1:42 pm

We shoot USA Shooting sanctioned matches every month indoor with reduced target sizes at 50 Ft.
We have created turning target system for rapid fire pistol & we are ready to shoot rapid fire instead of the free pistol event.
Only two matches left before end of the season so come on out. You don't have to be USA Shooting member to participate.
I shoot my model 52 for center fire & I love it.
Thanks, Bernard
Attachments
ISSF 25M Pistol Course of Fire - Page 2 Attachment
International Pistol 19-20.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(144 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
International Pistol 19-20.docx You don't have permission to download attachments.(18 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
lalka686
lalka686

Back to top Go down

Post by scheibenpistole 2/26/2020, 11:15 pm

Keep in mind that with CF, many of the International rules are intended to create a level playing field, especially where certain countries prohibit or restrict ownership.
Commonly encountered are laws restricting ownership of arms chambered for "military" cartridges. So, 45 ACP is largely a no go. The "no jacketed bullets" rule whitewashes a lot of cartridges typically loaded with FMJ bullets, as per the Geneva convention. Strange as it may seem, 32 S&W long is thus OK, while 32 ACP would be unacceptable.

I used to shoot the various ISSF events about 10-15 yrs ago, under joint NRA rules. About 15 yrs before that, I used to shoot them in Canada. There were many differences.
Seems that NRA likes to hijack various pistol disciplines and then mess them up just enough to be confusing. ISSF, UIT, IHMSA, USRA, etc....

But, maybe it's unfair to criticize the NRA too much on that point. Many countries and matches contradict each other. For example, Swiss national pistol matches play by their own rules, and CISM service pistol rules are a world unto themselves.
scheibenpistole
scheibenpistole

Back to top Go down

Post by lalka686 2/27/2020, 10:43 am

Scheibenpistole, thanks for the rules clarification.
BTW, your avatar picture looks very similar to my 1935 Stotzer Original Perfekt free pistol.
Attachments
20171127_171038_009 (2).jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(87 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
lalka686
lalka686

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2